z

Young Writers Society

2008 Beijing Olympics

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:49 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm going to try to make it to the games in London.

Anyhow, awesome games! The best moment for me was watching Matthew Mitcham from Australia in the diving competition pulverize Zhou from China in that last dive. Amazing.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:59 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It'll be weird to not have something vaguely interesting on TV in the early hours of the morning any more. Great games. I will definitely be there for London 2012 (seeing as it's only a few hours down the road, how can I miss it?)
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:08 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm putting my down to volunteer for 2012, it should be fantastic.

Gemma Adlington stealing the 400m freestyle gold right at the end, and blitzing the world record in the 800m were my favourite moments of the games, alongside the obvious gobsmacking Bolt moments.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 pm
Rydia says...

I'd love to be there for the London games and hopefully the expense won't prove too much for me. We'll see.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:16 am
alwaysawriter says...

I live no where near London. :)

I didn't really understand the ending ceromony. Some parts of it I did but for others, I was like "Huh?!"
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 pm
Kyuubi says...

Well, the Games are over. We have to wait another four grueling years for them to be back. Although, the winter ones are in two years. I also have to agree with Always too. I liked the ending ceremony, but some of it didn't make sense.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 pm
Maybe says...

I only ended up watching a few of the Olympic Events, but what I saw was amazing. I saw some of the diving, track and field, and swimming, but not a whole lot of any of them. I did see one of Bolt's races, which was incredible.

I'm going to start saving up and hopefully be able to afford to go to the London Olympics as a photographer. And I'm pretty sure one of my cousins will be competing there, too, in swimming of some sort.

Oh! I was in Charlotte, North Carolina about two years ago for a National swim competition that my cousin was in, and I noticed this really tall swimmer completely dominating the whole event...and I was later informed that it was Michael Phelps. :D So that was really cool.

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 pm
Kylan says...

If the Chinese decided to melt down all of their medals they could leaf the Imperial Palace with gold.

Watching the Chinese dominate got a little old after a while, seeing as they breed their champions.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits