z

Young Writers Society

'Entire life' sold for £192,000

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:22 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Sunday 29th June 2008

A Briton living in Australia has agreed a bid of more than £192,000 after putting his "entire life" up for sale following a split from his wife.

Ian Usher, 44, who left Darlington six years ago, included his house, car, job and friends in the online eBay auction, in an effort to make a fresh start.

The lot attracted a peak offer of 399,300 Australian dollars (£192,276) when bids closed early on Sunday.

Despite expecting higher bids, Mr Usher said he had "no regrets".

At one point offers on the "life lot" rocketed to over two million Australian dollars (£1m) within hours of the sale's start last Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7479836.stm

Mid-life crisis, much? But it's one way to 'start afresh', I suppose.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:25 pm
Medusa says...

...you can't really sell your friends...you know that, right? This makes me confused.

--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Clo says...

How do you sell your job, too?

"Boss, I'll be coming in tomorrow, but I'm going to look and act completely different. And it won't actually be me. Okay? Okay."
How am I not myself?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:53 am
Alteran says...

I think he basically sold his identity, so now some very disturbed person is going to be him. It's like Identity theft..only not. It's very confusing indeed.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Reviews: 3
Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:02 pm
writergirl94 says...

Wow, people sell the craziest things on eBay these days...

I understand that he's hurting after splitting from his wife, but gee, doesn't that seem just a little bit drastic? Sure, he has no regrets now, but in a year or two, he might not feel the same way, especially if he's living in a cardboard box under a bridge or something. I thought people weren't allowed to sell their souls/lives on eBay... Very confusing, indeed. :?

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill