44%
2000s
22%

Total votes : 9

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 pm
Gahks says...

What is your favourite music decade? What memories do you have of various eras? Who was your favourite band?

Although I wasn't born until the 90s, I love 80s music. There are many great classics from that time: Vienna. Somewhere In My Heart, I Want to Break Free, We Are The Champions, Take On Me, True and many others that I simply can't list here! If you want to hear a selection, go to my Finetune website in my sig!

Discuss, people!
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:47 pm
Angel of Death says...

I really can't say which era I like best because from the 80s to today there was some really great music. I can't name any specifics right now but today. Well I think the greatest bands are Panic at the Disco and Maroon5.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Reviews: 4
Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 pm
Pingu says...

Though I love all those decades. My Favourite would have to be the early 90's. Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Emperor, Abruptum,Sigh, Drudhk and all early black metal! Not to mention the grunge scene! Mudhoney, Nirvana, The Melvins, Skin Yard!

Wow. Actually, everything about the 90's was great. Though I can name heaps of great bands from all those eras!

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 pm
Teague says...

70's and 80's punk.

A few modern bands.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 pm
Bittersweet says...

Okay, I love all of those! Ah! So hard to choose. 80's had some great great music, 90's had some great rock. The present has some good stuff too... but you have to look pretty hard to find the good stuff.

So I pick 90's, because 311, Incubus, and Weezer were all big back then! And I flippin' love them!
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:17 pm
aestar101 says...

I'll stick with the good 'ol 2000's
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:41 pm
Ohio Impromptu says...

I know people like to think of the 60's and 70's as a time when music was pure and perfect, but truth be told, it mostly sounded bad. The Clash had some good songs, and Pink Floyd are good when I'm in a certain mood, but I never understood what was so great about all those bands people label as the greatest artists of all time. Especially Led Zeppelin. Never got them.

The 90's score some points for Radiohead, early Placebo, Neutral Milk Hotel, They Might Be Giants and Ben Folds Five, but my vote is going to have to go with the contemporary scene. It's better, no matter how much you miss the decade you weren't alive for.

Oh, just remembered. The 90's loses points for unleashing Nirvana on the world.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:50 pm
Twit says...

It'd be easier if one loved a certain band to the depths of distraction, but so often one group will do a song that I love and another that I hate, which makes it difficult.

70s-80s, I suppose, going by my playlists.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:52 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

I prefer the 2000s. Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Trace Adkins, Leann Rimes...and most of the older artists that are worth listening to are still around, like Reba and Dolly Parton.

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek