Young Writers Society

I'd do anything- BBC

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sun May 25, 2008 6:58 pm
Eimear says...

Anyone watch it?

Jesse to win!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm
Aedomir says...

I don't often, just sometimes take a peek to see what's happening.

I find it funny when they say "who will be your Nancy?" :-P
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

344 Reviews

Mon May 26, 2008 10:53 am
Eimear says...

Haha- and then one time Gramhe Norton said- 'Me!'

Oscar Wilde.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon May 26, 2008 3:04 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I wanted either Jodie or Rachel to win, but seeing as Rachel was voted off, it's Jodie FTW!

Though I don't really watch it, as in I don't have to see it. If it's on, I'll watch it. I was more into the Joseph one, and they've messed up the format this series and decided to air the results show on the Sunday, for some unknowable reason.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon May 26, 2008 3:09 pm
Sapphire says...

I never watched the Maria show but watched the Joseph one religiously! :lol: I'm the same as you, Cpt. Smurf, with this year's show. I think having the results shown on a Sunday is part of the issue. I was shocked Rachel was put out last night - I thought she was their safe bet, not that I particularly wanted her to win. I'd like Jodie to win, I think.

Graham Norton is hilarious. I think they're lucky to have him there to stop the show taking itself too seriously!
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

344 Reviews

Mon May 26, 2008 4:30 pm
Eimear says...

I know, I know- But as an Irish girl I'm adamant on this one....

JESSE TO WIN!

Oscar Wilde.

344 Reviews

Sat May 31, 2008 8:23 pm
Eimear says...

She was robbed! We were robbed! I really didn't want it to be Jodie!

Oscar Wilde.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:00 pm
Gahks says...

I like both, but I think Jodie is more likely to have the stamina to cope with eight shows a week (she is 28 but Jessie is 18), so that's why the public voted for her.

Commiserations to Jessie and congratulations to Jodie.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:19 pm
Sapphire says...

I'm actually quite surprised - normally my support becomes a curse to the chosen contestant! :lol:

At least Jessie can feel secure in the knowledge that there's no way Andrew Lloyd Webber's going to forget her. She'll get something out of the show for sure.
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Sapphire wrote:I'm actually quite surprised - normally my support becomes a curse to the chosen contestant! :lol:

At least Jessie can feel secure in the knowledge that there's no way Andrew Lloyd Webber's going to forget her. She'll get something out of the show for sure.

Yeah, all the runners-up end up doing something. Like Daniel and Ben from the Joseph one are now both leading men in Avenue Q and Hairspray, respectively. So you don't need to win to have a career.

I'm glad Jodie won. I think she was better for the part, and I liked her voice better. Though Jessie was better on the night, Jodie had performed at a higher standard consistently throughout the series, which suggests she can do the same thing on an eight-show-a-week schedule, whereas Jessie definitely rises and falls in her performances. Also, I think Jessie over-acts, which I find annoying.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus