z

Young Writers Society

Wordclay Short Story Contest

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu May 15, 2008 9:43 am
deleted6 says...

I found out about this stumbling, and not really sure where to post it. Basically it appears to be a very interesting contest. To save people going on I'll quote here, the essential, but you have to register with the site:

Wordclay Short Story Contest wrote:Deadlines

The deadline to submit an entry for the contest is 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2008 (before June 1st).

By submitting your story and entering this contest, you accept and agree to the Terms & Conditions of the contest.

Contest Details: Single Short Story

All literature is by nature unique and individual. We are supportive of all forms of expression; however, for this contest, we ask that you adhere to these terms:

In order to enter, each writer must register online at www.Wordclay.com and submit his or her work electronically as a Microsoft Word document.

* There are no entry fees, no subsidy payments and no purchases of any kind required to enter and/or win the contest.

* There are no previous publishing requirements required to enter this contest.

* Entries are judged on the basis of originality, creative imagination, characterization, artistic quality and the adherence to length limitations. All decisions by the judges are final.

* Each writer retains the copyright to his or her work.

* Fifteen of the finalists stories will be included in an anthology published through www.Wordclay.com. All non-finalist participants will be eligible to receive a free electronic copy of the finished collection. The finalists with work included in the anthology will receive a printed and bound copy of the finished book at no cost. The contest's winners will be featured on www.Wordclay.com.

* Wordclay is under no obligation to publish every story that is entered and can disqualify an entry at any time.

* The contestant is under no obligation whatsoever to purchase a copy of the publication in which his or her story may appear.

* Due to formatting restrictions within the finished collection, Wordclay retains the right to reformat the story for size and placement. Though we will make every effort to preserve section breaks and forms, we will not be able to guarantee retention of format from the writer's original file.

Notification: All prize winners will be notified via e-mail and posted on www.Wordclay.com. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure their e-mail address is correct and current. The e-mail address on file can be updated through your Author Control Panel after logging in.

You can only enter a maximum of three short stories. All entries must be double-spaced, written in Times New Roman, with a maximum length of 5,000 words.

Note: While we respect the right of individuals to freely express themselves in literature, we do not accept prose that is explicitly offensive. Therefore, we ask that writers who submit their work to our contests be considerate of this policy.

For more information about our finalist judges, click here.

Prizes for the Single Short Story Contest

One Grand Prize winner will receive:

* A check in the amount of $500
* A printed and bound copy of the published Anthology of the top 15 short stories

One Runner-Up will receive:

* A check in the amount of $250
* A printed and bound copy of the published Anthology of the top 15 short stories

Fifteen Short Story Anthology finalists will receive:

All non-finalist participants will receive:

* An electronic copy (e-book) of the published Anthology of the top 15 stories

----------------
Listening to: Intro5pect - No More Time
via FoxyTunes
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu May 15, 2008 12:10 pm
BigBadBear says...

... Shouldn't this be in the contest forum?
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu May 15, 2008 2:13 pm
deleted6 says...

It's not my own contest though, so I'm really not sure :?... Anyway, it looks worthwhile a try at least.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri May 16, 2008 12:53 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I think it's fine here. Great link, I might enter this!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri May 16, 2008 7:25 pm
JFW1415 says...

Thanks for the link! I found this ages ago, then promptly forgot it. I'm glad you reminded me. :)

Good luck to all who enter! (If anyone wins anything, they should post here.)

~JFW1415

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne