z

Young Writers Society

So tell me...

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue May 03, 2005 2:30 pm
Chevy says...

Historical fiction is better anyway.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue May 03, 2005 3:13 pm
BlueStone says...

Zentillius wrote:--------------------------------

Elf One: Let's try walking on water!

Elf Two: Nah... We're two ounces too heavy... :cry:

Elf One: Well, we've walked on snow that only holds three and a half ounces. We can do it! :D

Elf Two: Alright...

And so they both go to the waters edge and use they're little pendants and WOOSH

Elf Two: I'm... falling... asleep...

Elf One: What?! How could you possibly--

I'm done.

Wow! :shock: Quite light are they? I bet if they didn't have the bows to weigh them down, they'd fly off the world!

Interesting point, and something that benifits me! Aniar. For elves to be real in fantasy, you have to believe in them. Yes, I know you do... And Santa Claus will bring toys to you for believing. But when the main character has to have this extra step to become believable, as in elf magic to exsist, your elf becomes weak to resemble the character to hold your story. Make believe, make believe, and more. In fantasy it can't all be make-believe as it's not possible. But the further away you get, the harder it is to relate. Plainly said, human characters don't need that extra step to become believable, they already are.

Incad wrote:Your argument was that you disliked not having humans as the main characters. This is a non-debatable topic, as it is your opinion. Why he writes the way he does is irrelevant. Quite simply: if you don't like it, don't read it.

*cough* From someone who argues me, but spells the name of the author we are talking about the way I do[incorrectly to your (side's) platform... I take your babbling oh-so! seriously. :roll: I see a broken record! But wait! Is there anyone that agrees with you about my opinionation? No, because it's not relevant. Everything is your opinion... When you look at that chick's new 'juicy bag' that's out on the market, but you don't like them... That's an opinion. When you argue on those threads about Nuking and Babysitting, what are you doing? Giving your opinion. If everthing was just facts that people stated, that's when you replace the CPU with an actual brain.

~BS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 03, 2005 4:25 pm
Firestarter says...

Historical fiction is better anyway.

So true.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Tue May 03, 2005 5:07 pm
Incandescence says...

You're missing a gaping difference in the two: this is strictly subjective. Debates involving American Hegemony and the Death Penalty have facts to support the debator's opinion. For this debate, neither I nor you have facts to support ourselves with.

And by the way, there are numerous tests that show that intellect and spelling are in no way related. :wink:
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed May 04, 2005 2:39 am
BlueStone says...

Incandescence wrote:You're missing a gaping difference in the two: this is strictly subjective. Debates involving American Hegemony and the Death Penalty have facts to support the debator's opinion. For this debate, neither I nor you have facts to support ourselves with.

Once again he points out the something we all know... *sigh* My friend. You are wrong. Plain and simple. My opinion. My facts? Your statements. I'm done there...

Why don't you think I put this in the debate forum? Subjective? Of course! Why can't we exchange opinions on the matter? And how do you know I don't have facts on this matter? There are always facts. I just put this thread in this board to 'casually' discuss it. You seem to be in a whole different world. Oh, my facts are examples of his work.

Hide yourself quick! I'm telling you off... again.

~BS

We are great at fearing the wrong things.
— Hank Green