z

Young Writers Society

A thing you didnt knew

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:42 pm
Zion says...

lol come to think of it, the former president of macedonia wsa a distant relative of mine ;) :P :D b-)
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:46 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Firestarter wrote:Well...I don't think a lot do. I've lived in England my whole life and never met one person with Macedonian heritage. We're made up of lots of crazy places though, so you never know.

Hmm, thats strange...no one? I've known a lot of British people with Macedonian heritage, even if it was very distant. Anywho.

Arvy: Oh yeah, you once told me that. Thats really cool...a relative of the president.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

94 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:06 am
Zion says...

*grins*
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:09 pm
Galatea says...

OOOH! I'm of Macedonian decent! Technically I'm Czech (and a little Austrian), but both my mother's and father's lines began in the Macedonian area. YAY!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:26 pm
Incandescence says...

Macedonian I am not. Well,at least not back to the 15th century. My grandmother, who fancies genealogical practices (for that is frequent of Russians), told me I am half English, half Russian, inasmuch as the 1400s will allow. There is always the possibility of other cultures, but I am predominantly Russian, in that I tend to speak, read, and write Russian better than I do English (heh).

Well, I'm sure I had to have German in there somewhere (blond hair, blue eyes, after all), but it's been eradicated through the rest of Russian and German ancestors. Or, as I've long suspected, my parents abducted me at an early age and are attempting some kind of experiment. :twitch:
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:55 pm
Midnight says...

I don't know about Macedonian por moi. I certainly have English, Welsh, Scottish and Italian and that's from the recent past.

I think a lot of my family on one side came from Vikings and Saxons (my grandpa did some research) So that's Northern Europe really.

But in terms of famous people. I'm related to Lord Fairfax who was Oliver Cromwell's right hand man :) And Henry Salt who bought back stuff from the Pyramids. There's also a jockey person in Russia but I can't remember his name.
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:12 pm
Firestarter says...

I know I'm related to Bonnie Prince Charlie.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

94 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:16 am
Zion says...

Galatea wrote:OOOH! I'm of Macedonian decent! Technically I'm Czech (and a little Austrian), but both my mother's and father's lines began in the Macedonian area. YAY!

Hurray Gal!

Theres a chance that many people have some sort of balkan heritage. Many of us are travelers and almost in every country there are some macedonians or people with balkan heritage. *sigh* bout reserach, I ask my grandma, supposedly its a touchy subject, considering the fact that we have changed the family's last name for three times now:Trayanov (I think), Cvetanov, and now its Stoilkov. Who knows what happened in the past. We might have been chased by the inquisition or something. We are (were) a family of mystics and stuff. Woah.....*thinks of the idea havong a wizard heritage in the past* :D

Immanuel Kant

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:01 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I am mostly polish and russian, but I also have some british and some cheorkee(native american)
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare