z

Young Writers Society

What inspires/kind of things inspire/inspired you?

Can the things that inspire you continue to do so after you've seen it for the first time?

Yeah.
46%
No.
No votes
Depends on how much it inspires me the first time.
8%
Your saying the word "inspire" too much and it's making me angry...
23%
Withering Plant.
23%

Total votes : 13

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:02 am
Nai says...

Just what the title says.\

What inspires you?

What kinds of things inspire you?

What has inspired you in the past?

And if you want to delve deeper and list specific inspirations for special pieces of literature, or different things you have done, feel free to do so.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:29 am
Zion says...

in one single word ANYTHING!
Its so frustrating. My mind cant keep up with normal thinking. Youre talking to a person and you yank: HEY I GOT IT! And the person next to you freaks out. argh.... -_-
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:15 am
hekategirl says...

That 'Withering Plant' option inspierd me and i'm not kidding...
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:19 am
Nai says...

lol no problem, glad to help
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:21 am
Ego says...

yeah you heard me

But yeah, pretty much anything can be an ispiration.....just depends on the circumstances in which they are presented....
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:03 am
Willow says...

Music. Definately music :-({|=
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:33 am
Emma says...

art has inspired me to write stories and to draw my own art. Its amazing! I looove Van Goth! And that flower picture!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:11 pm
Sureal says...

My dreams have inspired a fair number of stories...
I wrote the above just for you.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:18 pm
Writersdomain says...

There are various things that inspire me. Stories that I enjoy (usually the really sad ones that have bittersweet endings. Never the modern-day bubbly love stories. They 'uninspire' me if there is such a thing), music is a major inspiration for me, books definitely... art inspires me, dreams do too (though sometimes they are nuts). Lots of things do. Most of the time it is the fantasy and historical fiction stuff that inspires me 'cause that's what I write, but modern-day stories usually make me angry or disappointed unless they are extremely good. Only fantasy art inspires me; most other stuff bores me to death.
And strangely, facts inspire me. I'll be reading my history book and read something about an obscure person in history and all of the sudden, I want to write a whole story on him. I can imagine what he/she is feeling and want to to tell his/her story in full sequence and emotion. It's really weird.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:22 am
Lenthe says...

there are lots of things that inspire me. i normally write fantasy. but really, there are so many things that are not fantasy that inspire the fantasy that i write. it's hard to put my finger on one particular thing that has inspired me. whether in my writing or not. but (for writing at the least), my brother has inspired me probably the most next to the Bible and God. and so has the rest of my family. movies that i watch, the actors and actresses in them. the books i read: the Bible mainly, LOTR, To Kill a Mockingbird, the Chronicles of Narnia, etc. when you read, say LOTR, you first notice(obviously) the story line and things that come straight off of it. when you read it again, you notice more things. things that you wouldn't have noticed the first time(and didn't) because you were paying attention to the main story line. whether it's someone's name, the way it's spelled, a place, or word order. everytime you read or see something, you will see somethign that you haven't seen before. always watch for it. the way people act and respond to things. it's all very amazing. and in it's own way, inspiring. whether for the good, or the bad. like my friend writersdomain put it "It's really weird."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:02 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm always inspired by tales of history.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:04 pm
Shriek says...

Lenthe wrote:there are lots of things that inspire me. i normally write fantasy. but really, there are so many things that are not fantasy that inspire the fantasy that i write. it's hard to put my finger on one particular thing that has inspired me. whether in my writing or not. but (for writing at the least), my brother has inspired me probably the most next to the Bible and God. and so has the rest of my family. movies that i watch, the actors and actresses in them. the books i read: the Bible mainly, LOTR, To Kill a Mockingbird, the Chronicles of Narnia, etc. when you read, say LOTR, you first notice(obviously) the story line and things that come straight off of it. when you read it again, you notice more things. things that you wouldn't have noticed the first time(and didn't) because you were paying attention to the main story line. whether it's someone's name, the way it's spelled, a place, or word order. everytime you read or see something, you will see somethign that you haven't seen before. always watch for it. the way people act and respond to things. it's all very amazing. and in it's own way, inspiring. whether for the good, or the bad. like my friend writersdomain put it "It's really weird."

Well, I can't top that answer, but I agree with all you said. And I lovelovelove To Kill A Mockingbird.

For me, seeing people excelling in whatever they do is certainly an inspiration. I watch a movie and am blown away by how a mere person can evoke such feelings in me, bring tears to my eyes. Or how a simple song can send chills down my spine. Even in a literary work I read on here--I'm always in amazement of how people my age can craft such breathtaking poems and haunting stories. It's incredible. And it inspires me to do better.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

don't try me bro
— Seirre