z

Young Writers Society

Art?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:32 am
Elelel says...

Ah well ... art is a natrual flow that goes through things. It doesn't have to be ... visible (in want of better word) Writing is an art. (something we can all relate to) Language is an art. Drama is art, and music is art. It doesn't have to look good, it just has to look right, or sound right, but most of all feel right. Everything has to be placed so this flow continues ... it doesn't have to mean anything to the painter, but it can mean all sorts of things to different people later.
That's what I think art is, and I love every form of it (music, drama, language, art itself ... writing)

My art teacher told us that the definition of art is creating something. So, well, yep, anything can be art. And anyway, if it sells, is the modern artist skillful, or not? They have money and they did art. Sounds fair. And if someone can get money for kicking a can down a street, I say he's a genius. Well could you think of an easier way to get money?

But I'm not fond of pop art. I don't mind the actual style ... it's just that colour redy-orange that seems to infest all pop art that I can't stand. We had to do it for school, and we had to find a ppop art picture and reserch the artist that did it. I found a picture that was basically blue.

I think that hippy art thing sounds cool ... but if there are sprinklers on it, I hope it's not wasting water. I don't know what the situation for water is like in America, but it's not always stable and dandy here ...
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:34 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I kind of like modern art. Its not my favorite or anything, but its still art. Its not disgusting in any way, it is just the new style that people use when they don't have enough money to buy real fancy paints and brushes and all that crap. I don't think crashing a car into a wall is preferably art, but a lot of people see it that way, because what if someone painted that scene? Would that not be art, then?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon