z

Young Writers Society

YWS 3.0

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:04 am
Nate says...

I'm looking at making some major changes to the site, hence the name YWS 3.0.

Firstly, the look will not change! It's pretty good as is, though I would like to come up with or find a template that works for everyone.

However, the forum will change. Right now, there is just one big forum with lots of little itty bitty forums inside it. What I would like to do is to split this into three main forums. One would be for the literary stuff, another would be for General Discussion and Welcome, and another would be just for usergroups. Also, I'm looking at ways to make it such that users can automatically create their own groups.

Splitting everything up has a lot of advantages for the literary forums. One, I can make it such that all original formatting (spacing and identatuons) is saved automatically when you submit a piece, and, two, I can make it such that you can rate a piece when you post a review. Also, I can design everything such that the literary forums recieve a lot more attention. Moreover, by splitting things up, the forum indexes will load a lot faster.

Also, I'm probably going to add a spellchecker along with some other cool, new nifty features.

Anyways, this should be done by the end of April, or at least by the end of the first week in May. I actually have to finish it by May 12th as, after that, I won't have any time at all to make any changes until late August.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:10 am
hekategirl says...

YAY! a spellcheaker! thank you Nate! as most of you know i'm not the best speller in the world....

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:20 am
Nate says...

hekategirl wrote:YAY! a spellcheaker! thank you Nate! as most of you know i'm not the best speller in the world....

Heh, at least don't skip words like I do ;)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:02 am
Bobo says...

I would like a bigger variety of themes... like some that are more colorful rather than just having colorful accents, know what I mean? And remember, I make logos for anything you need! I can't wait!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:03 am
Shadow Knight says...

WE LOVE YOU NATE!

Ok, now that that is out of the way, the spellchecker sounds helpful. Ok, i have nothing creative to say.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:31 am
Emma says...

A spell checker?

Oh my dear friend, wait.. Even with one of them I can't spell for blinking toffee.. Awwww thats crap.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:15 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Yay, Nate is so cool and dedicated to the site and its people!

We love you, Nate!

*bows down to him*

Okay, I'm done.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:24 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

*bows down and worships the almighty Nate*
Thank you so so so much
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:50 pm
Sam says...

*kisses nate's feet*

AHH NATE WE LOVE YOU!!!!

heads up- you might benefit from a pedicure
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:29 am
niteowl says...

hekategirl, did you write "spellcheaker" on purpose?

I hate spellcheck. At least the one on Word. But I'm assuming you won't have it like little pink and green lines and then it irritates you so much even though you know it's a name or something, so you have to click it and then the paperclip gets on your case about sentence fragments and comma usage because it knows NOTHING about...um I really can't think of a good word...creative writing, I guess?

Sorry. I guess it irritates me because I was two years above my level in elementary school spelling. But I guess it's okay if you make it optional. God, I hate that paperclip.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:41 am
hekategirl says...

niteowl wrote:hekategirl, did you write "spellcheaker" on purpose?

I hate spellcheck. At least the one on Word. But I'm assuming you won't have it like little pink and green lines and then it irritates you so much even though you know it's a name or something, so you have to click it and then the paperclip gets on your case about sentence fragments and comma usage because it knows NOTHING about...um I really can't think of a good word...creative writing, I guess?

Sorry. I guess it irritates me because I was two years above my level in elementary school spelling. But I guess it's okay if you make it optional. God, I hate that paperclip.

um...ya...why? did I spell it wrong?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:42 am
niteowl says...

Uh...yeah. It's spellcheck.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:06 am
Bazoo says...

Hmmm ... these "usergroups" kind of sound like clans ....

Could we have "usergroup" wars where all the people, or a select few, challenge another usergroup to a writing competition!?

Me and my crazy ideas ... it's not like I didn't get that idea from another forum ... or anything ....
Wow...I want to thank so many people for being here...well of course, God...and um...Nate...let's see...Liz...Brad...Chevy...Satan.

They're all cool.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:15 am
Emma says...

niteowl wrote:hekategirl, did you write "spellcheaker" on purpose?

Omg, I thought that was how you spelt it!

*slaps self*

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos