z

Young Writers Society

I am appauled.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:39 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

forum/viewtopic.php?t=8114

Well isn't this just a loverly sight. I am disgusted at the level of hostility and resentment you are all showing to Khay. Its grotesque. You are all sitting so high up on your pedistals, and treating her like some kind of animal that shat on the carpet. What has she done to offend any of you? Not buy in to what you were saying about her religion from the get go? You were all so quick to jump down her throat, and attack her, I'm not sure any of you actually saw what she said.

At this point, I'm glad I left. And I'm shocked that its been allowed to go on for this long. For people trying to convince a Moslum immagrant from Iraq that your way is better, you sure aren't making it seem like westerners are the people to admire. Whats next BGB? Gunna hit her with a bible? Maybe shooting at her, Poor Imp, will get your message across? Silent Aviator... so now all of a sudden, every middle eastern person is a religious radical? Did you just say that every moslum over there was a terroist? Wanna re-think that? Pheonix/Hunter, you asked her if she understood the Christian faith, but did you ever stop and ask yourself if you understood HER faith? No.. I didn't think so.

I am even more appauled that only 2 of you tried to defend her. But its not like it matters, if you aren't with em, they don't care around here, it seems to be.

Khayriyyah, there are better places, www.justgoat.com is kind of the same website, only with more mature members. People wont be so quick to hate there. And I'm sorry that one of your introductions to the west was.... this.

Guys- I'm so disgusted with you I could spit. Right in your face. You act as though you are undeniably accurate, and ignore any argument the other side has to say. "Welcome to america, with a slap in the face." Wonderful, just wonderful. Thank you for making us look like the ignorant, self absorbed as*holes that the whole world seems to think we are. I wonder where ever they got THAT idea.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:28 pm
Firestarter says...

It's called people having different opinions. Welcome to the world. No-one said they hated everyone. It's just a discussion. Both sides have their merits, both sides have their bad. I can see how some people haven't phrased things in the appropiate way, and perhaps they should apologise for that.

But Khay has been brought up to believe things in a certain way and other people - "Westerners" as you call them have been brought up another way. Both sides thing they are correct. This is what we call a conflict, because neither side wants to believe the other side is correct.

All you're doing is picking one side.

Oh, and, well done on flaming everyone on the site. You've just showed your complete and utter lack of maturity.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:41 pm
Bobo says...

Qi, maybe you got the hate vibe from that conversation, but I saw no blatant attacks, other than a few misplaced words (which, if intentional--which I assume they aren't--would indeed be harsh and not the kind of thing we want to show here). What I saw was people trying to illustrate the values of thinking for yourself and not letting religion take away people's natural rights. There were many people there who could have shown a little more care in how they worded their argument, and perhaps I am one of them--I hope not, because I don't want that kind of message to be sent--but I don't think anyone was out to hurt anyone. I think there may have just been a lack of understanding from all sides.

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings