z

Young Writers Society

Comic Books and Manga

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:54 pm
Shriek says...

tinkerbell_09 wrote:Yu Yu Hakusho, Fushigi Yugi and Sakura are the best!

I find them exciting because the characters are amazing and some are kinda handsome. Their stories focuses on fighting the evil. But of course, it's not complete without the love story.

Ahah, Fushigi Yugi. Not a fan of the story line, but I enjoy the drawings. I use those to practice my -cough-drawing-cough-.
I love "Candidate for Goddess," which is a Manga. The plotline is ingenius, and the art is breathtaking. ^_^
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:07 am
Joeducktape says...

Hey, I'm thirteen. Do you think my mom will let me read the Fullmetal Manga? I've seen the anime, and I think since its teen she'd let me. Especially since there's no real sexuality.
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:37 am
hekategirl says...

I've never read any Manga or comic books, but I'm really interested in them and would like to check them out. Any first time suggestions? I kind of wanted to read the Chobits series but I'm not sure it's that appropriate...
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:05 am
Azrael says...

I absoletely LOVE manga! There are so many great titles. Possibly the best manga writer is Kaori Yuki. Not only are her stories capitvating, her art is amazingly beautiful. Here's my list of favorite mangas:
Angel Santuary
Count Cain/Godchild
Boys Next Door
(All of those aredone by Kaori Yuki

Descendants of Darkness
(Yoko Matsushita)

Demon Diary
(Kara and Lee Yun Hee)

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:37 pm
tinny says...

hekategirl wrote:I've never read any Manga or comic books, but I'm really interested in them and would like to check them out. Any first time suggestions? I kind of wanted to read the Chobits series but I'm not sure it's that appropriate...

I've read all eight volumes, my friends little brother had them all. I wouldn't say they were that bad. Tokyopop rates them as older teen which is 16 plus, but Daniel's only about 13.

I avoid this problem by not showing my dad my manga. He knows most of it's okay but he was a bit put off after flicking through some of my Saikano and won't let me buy any more in that series.

Aside from that, I've got all three volumes of .hack, and my bestest buddie is waiting for that last few volumes of rurouni Kenshin to come out. I'm currently buying Bleach and blame, though I'm thinking of getting Legal drug and Neon Genesis Evangelion. And there's Tactics and Desert Coral that ADV have decided not to finish.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

And don't forget it's hydrate or diedrate
— zaminami