z

Young Writers Society

Sweetie!

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 pm
Mattie says...

Poor_Imp wrote:
Mattie wrote:Personally, I hate "pet names". They annoy me to the fullest extent. Often when I read, I get stuck on that word so I'm like, hating that the writer used it. Unless of course, it's something along the lines of having to use it with your writing or time frame. Like Buffy for example. Spike says, "love" and "pet" often. Now when he does it, it's really sexy...:) He's British though so it makes sense, but normal people? Eh.
Get my point? But, there are TONS of different names that were listed.

...Goddess Divine...

Perhaps reading Pride and Prejudice, Areida? :) I love that last part...

Wait...British people aren't normal?

Of course not...;) You get it though, don't you? I mean, it's like part of their accent. I guess. Forget it. :x
He is a vampire, you know. It's in his blood. HA! Okay, rambling will stop...NOW.
Last edited by Mattie on Mon May 01, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon May 01, 2006 10:22 pm
Areida says...

I think she's saying they're hotter than Americans or something. Which is true to some extent... there are some veeeery nice British actors out there... and some nice British writers too... I mean, take a look around the YWS if you don't believe me. ;)

Yeah... I love that part in Pride and Prejudice too, Mattie. I think it was one of the new versions redeeming qualities, which helped to make up for their Mary, Bingley, and Mr. Bennet. I didn't like how they did any of those characters.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon May 01, 2006 10:23 pm
Poor Imp says...

Oh, somewhat kidding Mattie. I do know that there's a difference in accent... ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:00 pm
Fireweed says...

Don't forget "poppet"... That's british, I think...
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star