z

Young Writers Society

Your Muse

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:38 am
View Likes
Ohio Impromptu says...

My way worked rather well. Instead of writing about meeting your muse, I wrote a letter to him. This might now work for everyone (or anyone for that matter) but just writing out my frustration about lack of inspiration to someone I knew only existed in my head seemed to help. Just tell your muse that you need help, and why, try to justify yourself to them and you'll find some answers by the end of the letter.

...or maybe it only works for me.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon May 01, 2006 8:07 pm
Dream Deep says...

I tried something like that once, but I wrote to myself rather than my muse, and all I really did was complain. I'd like to try it your way, though. Maybe it'll help. I haven't been to my muse in weeks and he's proabaly all moody agian on me. I'm scared to check. _/)

:wink:

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue May 02, 2006 1:20 am
Cassandra says...

I just tried this. Lots of fun. Ended up typing two and half pages. Nice idea. It helped a lot. :thumb: Thank you!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue May 02, 2006 1:35 pm
Dream Deep says...

My pleasure, Cassandra. I'm really glad it helped! _/)

Reviews: 1
Wed May 03, 2006 9:27 pm
View Likes
Angie says...

Oh, let me know if you come across that quote sometime, Dusky. Sounds sig-worthy. :)

Another activity that might help is writing your muse's life story. For one, you get fiction-writing skill practice, and for another, you get to "know" your muse and it's motivation. Besides, it's a great opporunity to get creative. :D
I'm covered in pixie dust and flying without a care.
Please don't make me fall; the ground's too hard for me to bear.

We mustn't dwell over past losses; we must cherish present gifts.

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg