z

Young Writers Society

Writers block over story for magazine - need advice, please

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:24 am
View Likes
Boni_Bee says...

I am writing a simple story for a magazine (continuing each issue) and it is about a girl who goes camping with a friend, and her friend is rather wild, and doesn't need the sign that says there has been landslides in the mountains where they are camping. So this girls friend falls down a crevice, and now two boys have come along and found her, and the girl, who has no idea what do do, as they are miles from anywhere. The boys are going to rescue the girl, but I'm just stuck on how to do it without it sounding very cliche and boring! :? I have to fit each chapter on less than an A4 page, so I need to fit it all in, and keep the readers attention...

*sigh*... and I need it done this week!

So, any advice would be much appreciated :)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:44 am
LamaLama says...

Try standing on a chair and looking at it from the top down. Or, from another perspective, if that helps. If you're doing the third person, try looking at it from one of the characters that may not be as important as you think. If you're going with the first person hero aspect, try looking at it from the third person pecismist aspect. Maybe the girl that fell isn't the greatest of people. Maybe she fell more or less on purpose. Try a lucas esque three stories at once. Put a bunch of characters in a hat, draw one, tell it from that angle. Theres lotsa ways to go about it.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 am
Boni_Bee says...

Thanks for that, I'll see if I can come up with anything...but I'm not going to stand on my chair, or It will tip up :P

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant