z

Young Writers Society

Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:03 pm
Fishr says...

Wow, I'm grateful for all the help everyone. *jaw drops* LOL! :D
Firstly dont use words like linen or breeched,cs not many know what they mean, this is way too complicated , this would throw me strait of a story, Sorry to be harsh but its true, go for somthing simple , or maybe its just my lack of logic speeking again, any way i liked the wolf pellets.
While, I enjoy the insight, I do have a decent vocabulary and I have no intention of dulling it. I'm a writer that continuously strives to learn sentence structures and yes, new words. In other words, I'm a geek that researches a Thesaurus. I recommend for one for you too, :) You'll be amazed on the vast improvement of your vocabulary. Glad you liked the wolf pelts. :)

Plus, of course, linen and breeches are both quite common words.
Agreed. :) Thanks, Smaur. This story is straight from the eighteenth century, so clothing attire is very different from what we wear in our century.

Rats! I was hoping you'd understand because I barely understood what I was trying to say! Well ... it was just a general feel that you weren't describing what a character was wearing, but rather an object. There are phrases and things that are practically always used for clothing descriptions and you're not really using them at all. \There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just that it doesn't really feel right to me ... welcome to my confusing mind. Basically, I wasn't really sure what I mean when I wrote it, only that I had a general feel of something "wrong".
*smiles* Well, I'll definitely plug away at it some more and see if I can achieve a desirable effect. :D

Thank you Smaur, blog, and Éloeré. :D *runs off editing.* Yay!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind