z

Young Writers Society

Help With Planning

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:40 pm
View Likes
Swires says...

I can write short stories no problem. Novels are a different matter, I tried to write one some time ago and it just ran out of stea half way through because I didnt plan. What I need is a few ways of planning what is going to happen through the novel. I need planning help!!!!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:13 pm
Crayon says...

This is a big problem for me too, I have two unfinished novels but right now I've lost intrest in them and started planning a new one, all i can suggest which is what i'm doing is scan YWS for different hints and tips about planning or if your like me a lucky enough to know a published author have a sit down and work out how they plan, i think everybody plans differently just like writing but it is helpful picking up ideas.
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:51 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

There's lots of good hints under the topic: Organization and Outlines.

forum/viewtopic.php?t=4154
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:40 am
Swires says...

Thanks Zoink, those topics should be helpful
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:55 am
View Likes
Myth says...

For me I usually think up my characters first before brainstorming what happens to them or what they do.

For Oracle's Possession I just thought of a boy and girl who live in a world where magic is frowned upon and they are treated differently because of their powers, etc.

If you want to write a novel maybe try and write about something that interests you eg history, sci-fi, action, etc, etc.

I don't know if that helped, I'm not good with tips.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee