z

Young Writers Society

I Need Help

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:33 pm
hprules13 says...

My two main characters are 15 years old. One is a boy and one is a girl. The boy has a crush on the girl and wants to tell her. How do i do this without it sounding weird? Help please.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:41 pm
backgroundbob says...

How about he sends her a Valentine?
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:48 pm
Areida says...

Aww... anonymous Valentine-ing would be quite adorable.

Or he could send her a note that says, "Do you like me? Check yes or no." Or he could say it really fast "Ilikeyou" and run off. Or he could get one of his friends to tell her, or one of her friends to tell her. Or he could write it on her binder while she's away from her desk, and when she looks up he can smile at her. Or he could have a pizza sent to her house with the message spelled out in pepperonis or sausage. Or he could mumble it to her every time he passes her in the hall until she gets so curious that she asks him and he makes her promise not to laugh and then he has to say it about four times until she actually understands him.

Just be creative. You have major potential for an "aww" factor here.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:53 pm
Snoink says...

I would say he teases her intensely until she begins to cry.

...but then, that wouldn't be quite romantic, would it?

Okay, scratch that.

I say he should look at her desperately, but have no idea what to do. Then, when he sees her roller skating at the local rink, he waits for her until the couples dance comes on, and then they skate together, holding hands.

...or maybe that's too lame?

Anyway, good luck. Be creative! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:02 pm
Areida says...

Ooh, yeah. A lot of times younger guys are so mean to girls they like. So maybe she hates his guts because he's always teasing her or messing up her hair or making her drop her stuff or something, and one day she breaks down crying (or maybe just loses her temper and clocks him) and demands to know why he's always messing with her since she's nothing but nice. And then he be all embarrassed and start being nice all of a sudden or tell her then.

Tee hee.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:54 pm
hprules13 says...

Thanks for the help. I think I'll try some of those and see which one fits better with the characters.

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe