z

Young Writers Society

My Best Tips

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Wolfdaemon says...

Hi, it's me again ;) I have some more tips that have really helped me along. I thought everyone deserved a chance to be helped by these if they could, so here they are-
#1) Lock away you're inner editor! My ywp (young writers program) teacher had us do an exercise where we drew a picture of our 'inner editor' and locked him/her/it into a cage. Since I don’t have a cage handy, I locked it in computer prison.
How to
Find a picture of you're personal inner editor online (I use Google images) and draw a prison around it, however you want. (I used PowerPoint).
I'm not very uploading savvy, but I will try to post a pic of mine. If it doesn’t work, just ignore it ;)

Next I think you all probably know-
EXERCISE! It’s probably my imagination, but I feel that if you do, like, ten jumping jacks or something, that more oxygen flows to you're brain and BOOM a great ideas surfaces.

On to more -
Write in the smallest possible font so you can't see what you're writing! It’s helped me so much to shut off my inner editor and not worry about grammatical faults and problems!

Thanks for you're time, I will post more if I find more ;)
(ps: it wouldnt allow me to attach the image)
You do well to believe in God. Satan also believes...and trembles.James 2:19
http://dragcave.net/user/Roma-Gypsy
^ you should so click this.... :)

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:59 am
Kale says...

At the bottom of the post screen, there's the option to Upload Attachment. Assuming you have a PC, you should hit Browse..., find the file, open it, and then hit Add the file. Hitting Add the file is very important, otherwise the file will not attach.

Once you hit Add the file, the page will refresh and you will see a new section called Posted Attachments just below the text box. Put your cursor where you want the image to go in your post, and then hit the Place inline button. Or you can just leave it be, and it will appear at the end of your post.

And there you go. :D

As far as your advice goes, I might just try that write with a font that's too small to read one. If it doesn't drive me crazy (I like seeing what I write; it makes me feel accomplished and stuff), it might actually get me back in the habit of writing. XD

(But first, I need to find time... >.> Oh college. How you eat up my life. Free time? What is that? I've quite forgotten. It's been to long since I've experienced you last.)

(/end of rambling)
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

36 Reviews

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:56 am
Wolfdaemon says...

Hey, yeah, it said something like 'cannot attach exp file' or something similiar, but oh well. I hope the font thing helps, it took a little practice for me to get used to too. ;)
Good Luck!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:57 am
Calligraphy says...

The font thing sounds like it would help the most for me. It actually looks like a life saver. I try not to read what I write unless it is for school until I am done with at least a large chunk, but it is vary hard. Thanks for the advice!

36 Reviews

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 am
Wolfdaemon says...

Hi! I'm glad it might help you! When I first started doing it, it drove me crazy, but I try to do it everytime I write now and i have written seven pages tonight 8) Good-luck!

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS