z

Young Writers Society

Having trouble!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:02 pm
*~Ginny~* says...

I hope someone could help me out with this one...

I got one week to submit a short story to my tutor... seems easy, right?

Well, i'm having trouble conjuring up an idea, i'm totally stumped.

I've tried looking at magazines, listening to music, pick and mixing; characters, objects and locations.

My mind has gone blank! Does anybody know of any more solutions?

Thanks a lot.

Ginny -x-

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:21 am
Duskglimmer says...

Free writes. If you haven't tried them yet, do so. Just sit down for five minutes and write anything and everything that comes into your head. Don't let yourself slow down until the time is up even if you have to repeat the same thing over and over. You'll be surprised at what kind of ideas come out.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:22 am
Areida says...

I second that. I don't freewrite nearly as much as I ought to, but it's great practice, and often helps dispell writer's block.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:27 am
View Likes
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

yes free writing is the solution.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:33 am
Just Imagine says...

My name, try my name or try this: keep yourself with questions and jot down the answer somewhere-

Write on your passions, such as the place you like to go to (or place you are good at describing by writing or drawing)
If you like that place how do you like it? Describe how it makes you happy. What kind of person make you sad?
What kind of person make ya happy? How do they make you happy or unhappy? If you are good at something, write on that
Courage may blossom in quiet hearts,
For who can tell where bravery starts?
For truth is a song, oft lying unsung

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe