z

Young Writers Society

Severe case of writer's block...

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:15 pm
simmy90 says...

I've been working on the same story the last two years and have rewritten it so many times, I can't even count! But somehow, I've kept the same plot the entire time and to me, that means this story will somehow make it onto shelves of bookstores and libraries because I've never been so avid on one book. I don't know if it's the title of the book or the book itself or what. But now I think I'm getting somwhere with it, but it doesn't exactly help that I've only got the first two paragraphs and the ending finished. I just can't think of anything clever anymore! It's annoying and highly frustrating!

HELP!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:22 pm
CaitE Baloney says...

Maybe you should put it down for a while don't even think about it. After a few weeks (or more) come back to it and you should have a new look on the whole thing. That is what I have had to do a lot when I have been stuck.

I hope this helps good luck

Cait
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader."-Robert Frost

"Dreams are the future in rough draft."

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:35 pm
Gahks says...

Yah. Take a break. Go for a walk, watch TV or read a book. Who knows, you might suddenly find the dash of inspiration you need to give you a boost.

As someone once said: "Don't aim for success. The more you try to aim, the more you will fail."
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:17 am
Amaryllis says...

Maybe try to start another story to take your mind off it, and then go back to it later. Anything that's fresh and new would be a good change (I know how you feel, I've had this problem before too).
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues