z

Young Writers Society

Is it possible to make an original story?

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 am
Kang227 says...

Plus you get people who TELL you it's unoriginal.

A friend of mine read the first chapter of my book and claimed that it was EXACTLY like LOTR.

Now, my book DOES have a powerful object, which might be connected to the One Ring or something like that, but that isn't even HINTED at in the first chapter. As of the first chapter, you don't even know it EXISTS. And the races, nations, and characters are NOTHING like LOTR.

So, yes. People will TELL you that your story is unoriginal, because they're stupid.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:54 pm
Krupp says...

In my experience on the forums and outside of it, I've learned that while there's never an ORIGINAL story now, you can indeed take a idea used before and twist it around....

In fact, I'm pretty sure someone on this forum said that to me. I just can't remember who...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina