talking to other writters
-em

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:28 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Oui, oui! A most excellent tip, no?

No wonder why YWS is such a great site! So much interaction between writers will always add up to something good!

I swear, this place is a dream come true for me, coming from a family where no one really understands this "writing" thing I do. I just confuse them. :P

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:40 am
Joeducktape says...

I definitely agree. This site and its members' wonderful support and critiques have done wonders for my writing. Probably more than anything else!
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:36 am
Azila says...

This is the reason for YWS, no?

Yes, it is a great tip. I can't tell you how much I've improved since joining. :D

~Azila~

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 pm
Aedomir says...

Same here...

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:33 pm
Meep says...

Capitalization and spelling are nice, too. :wink:

I'd agree, but at the same time, do you know what I do when I should be writing? I go to YWS or the Gaia Online writing subforum or ESCAPE-ISM (another writing site) instead of actually, you know, writing. *meep*
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:33 pm
JFW1415 says...

Ditto! I love talking to other writers; I get to laugh at them when they're suffering through things I've already gone through, I get to admire those who are better than me and hope to be so good one day, and I get to meet people who don't think I'm crazy when my characters talk to me in my head. :P Other writers equals love.

Although I must agree with Meep. :oops:

~JFW1415

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil