z

Young Writers Society

Ideas & Inspirations

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:44 pm
Alainna says...

I get most of my ideas through my everyday observations and conversations. If one of my mates says something - or if we start a debate of some kind then it usually spark a load of ideas. Snippets of conversations in the corridors at school often get me thinking too.

Sometimes it just flows. Like, I'll start with a scene, perhaps inspired by that days events, and end up writing about something very random.

I suppose it depends on what I have experienced that day, including TV, books and songs.

Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat May 31, 2008 7:15 pm
Wcatgal says...

The place I'm at helps a lot with finding the inspiration for my stories and then I just stare at my black note book, computer screen word document and wait for something to start to take form.
War doesn't determin whoes right
War determins who's left

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:47 am
Conrad Rice says...

Where I get my ideas and inspiration is a fluid thing that often is never the same twice. It might be a sentence, a title, a book I've read, or just what pops into my head while I'm out on a walk. I prefer to keep it that way, as having the same way of inspiration every time seems kind of boring to me.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:24 pm
Kang227 says...

I've got a two-track mind. At any point in time, some part of my brain is focused on writing (God help me if I ever get married and my wife asks if I'm listening).

I don't know how I come up with the ideas. Something just pops into my head, some vague, random idea, but it's unconscious. The conscious part is where I fine-tune, detail, and expand on that idea into a book.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

Reviews: 3
Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:51 pm
v12dude says...

writers block
if u didnt suffer from it ur ideas are probably rubbish or uve writen hundreds of bestsellers by now!
It prob different for each of us, u jst ahve to wait for that special moment

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:26 am
Reason Invalid says...

I'm not really a writer, but as a composer, I think the process of finding an idea is similar if not the same. So here are a few tips I personally think would work:

1.) Write down a random word and interpret it in an unusual way.

2.) Listen to a completely new piece of music that you never heard. This always inspired me with new ideas because hearing new sounds allow you to 'see' new imageries.

3.) Read random proverbs from all around the world.

4.) Take a photo you took from your last vacation, put it on photoshop or whatever image editting program you have, render it with a bunch of effects and stare at it. This can probably help you envision a scene or an atmosphere in your story.

5.) Find a silent place and listen to the 'sounds' around you.
It is only when dissonance plays one will find pleasure in consonance.
topic34094.html <-- Free Reviews

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde