z

Young Writers Society

Question

389 Reviews

Reviews: 389
Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:07 am
SeraphTree says...

I want to write a novel similar to Jane Austin and Emily Bronte's work, but I don't want to lose my voice. I am currently reading Wuthering Heights, but I'm not sure that will help. :)
"How grateful we are that the heavens are indeed open, that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and that the Church is founded on the rock of revelation. We are a blessed people, with apostles and prophets upon the earth today."~ Thomas S. Monson

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:21 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Reading books written by other people will only help you get a feel for the genre and maybe inspire you, but it might not be as helpful for helping you keep your story original. Do you want your book to be similar in plot or in writing style?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

389 Reviews

Reviews: 389
Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:08 am
SeraphTree says...

I was thinking plot. The thing is, I don't know very much about that sort of novel, so that's why I'm reading them. :D:D:D
"How grateful we are that the heavens are indeed open, that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and that the Church is founded on the rock of revelation. We are a blessed people, with apostles and prophets upon the earth today."~ Thomas S. Monson

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:46 pm
Leja says...

I find it rather difficult to emulate a story just for the sake of emulating a story. It would probably be more helpful if you thought of a plot first, then see how you can fit it into the time period and style. That way, you'll be almost guaranteed to retain your voice. Good luck!

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria