15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:09 am
laughingfreakx3 says...

Cold...
Warn...
Chilly...
Hot...

Explains the seasons well enough, rigth?
Or does it?
the best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:20 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Not quite sure why you put this in. . . . ^^" I mean, it makes no sense. . . Anyways, you made a few mistakes ^^ below:

"Cold.../Warn ------------ I think you mean "warm"? -----------.../Chilly.../Hot..."

"Explains the seasons well enough, rigth -------- "right" -----------?/Or does it?

I think maybe this piece could go in your blog or something. . . It's not really a poem. . . Anyways! I hope that helped!

- jai -
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:30 am
Snoink says...

**Moved to writing tips**
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:33 am
Snoink says...

These words are few of many that can describe the seasons. Play around with the thesaurus and try to make interesting metaphors and stuff.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:54 am
Areida says...

It depends on how vague you're trying to be. In some instances it's better to use the months outright, and even specific dates and times can be effective as well.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:03 pm
lysolstinks says...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold...
Warn...
Chilly...
Hot...

Explains the seasons well enough, rigth?
Or does it?

I personally don't see any connection to the seasons here. I am assuming Warn is supposed to be WARM. This could also be a drink, a food, body temperature ect.
It definately needs some time, as it looks like you posted something just to post.

Carl

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:48 am
Monki says...

Erm, I don't exactly know what this is, but I have a feeling that you just posted it to get the points. Just an assumption. ;)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:34 am
deleted1 says...

Use the effects of the seasons, you could go with harvest or rainy season. Some people like to use specific flowers or blooming periods to give a hint at what season it is. If you go past a farm, what do you see? Do you see fields or corn ripe for the picking? Do you see tomatoes and cucumbers? Or perhaps pumpkins? Squash or potatoes?

If you go across a field of wildflowers, do you see buttercups, tiger lilies or roses? Sunflowers or pomegranates? Do the bees fly through the air peacefully or are they easily angered? Are birds nesting or are they feeding their newborns? Perhaps the birds have already left the nest?

Have the leaves changed color? Did they fall already? Does the chilly wind blow snow across the streets in the barren dead of winter? Or just maybe the winter is really indiscernible and never dips below a certain temperature? A lack of seasons close to the equator could also be described as a never-ending summer.

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief