z

Young Writers Society

Developing Your Own Style

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:44 pm
starrynight89 says...

I think a key element in writing a short story or novel is portraying a certain style which describes you. Whether it's Tolkien's perfect detail or Rowlings uncanny humor...these authors have found their niche and it's important for us, as aspiring writers, to find our niche.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/writing-tip-develop-your-style.html

I found this article pretty useful.if you have other sources, please feel free to post them..and tell me what you think! :)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:00 pm
Fishr says...

It's taken me years, and some more, to find my niche in genres, as well as my own style. Best piece of advice I've come to accept, failure is your life lesson. You learn more from it then success.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year