z

Young Writers Society

The Start of a New Story

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 pm
Nostalgie says...

We all have fresh ideas in our head that we try to get onto paper (or your computer ;]). So during my art class the most random idea was planted in my head for a story i want to write.

The plot is of a man who lives with his dying mother in her house. He is in his late to mid-30's, and works a blue collar job. As he checks on his mother one day, he sees a girl walking home from school (High School). He soon becomes obsessed with watching her everyday, walking to and from school. His obsession becomes dangerous when he begins to feel that he needs the young girl. If she does not walk by that day, he feels upset, incomplete. He eventually plans to kidnap the girl and have sex (or rape) her. (Of Course this would be much further into the story). As he is about to rape her, he sees her state of fear and lets her go after keeping her for several days. he is in a state of despair after releasing her and eventually decides to kill himself.

Now this is just the story in a nutshell, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to help expand, or change the story. Of course it would be spread out, but I just got this idea on a whim and wondered overall what you guys think.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:49 am
Icaruss says...

Lolita.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:40 am
Morgaine says...

Ditto Ditto. It's uncannily like Lolita
The Narwhales Are Coming...
Beware

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:44 pm
winters says...

It's creepy.
Just a thought.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:00 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

I was about to say "give your character a want", but you already said that.

And they're right. Lolita. XD

I suggest that you read Lolita, then put your own unique spin on it. Obviously if people say "Lolita" at first thought, then it's not original. Make it original.

If you want to expand the story, get rid of this part:

As he is about to rape her, he sees her state of fear and lets her go after keeping her for several days. he is in a state of despair after releasing her and eventually decides to kill himself.

I haven't personally read Lolita, but I don't think that last part makes any sense. If he's that obsessed about her, if he's gone to planning in his head shouldn't he follow through with the plan?

Anyways. Yeah.

I can't critique story plots or anything. But just sit down, write, see where it takes you. A lot of stories spring without plot and are actually pretty good ideas.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon