z

Young Writers Society

What's The Deal?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:28 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

I'm trying to write this ten minute screenplay about masculinity. It is supposed to show what I believe the meaning is. In full context, the question my screenplay should focus on is, "What's The Deal With Masculinity?" It can go a positive or negative route.

I was just wondering what you guys thought would be a good focus for it. I wanted to go the route of how we as a society portray a homosexual male and a heterosexual male, and how, baised on our biases, we define those types of men. I hope that made sense.

If you want, you can definitely have input on this. It would be much appreciated. I just want to know other people's takes on it, and if they thought something should be adjusted. Or, if someone else had an idea that I could look into, that would be great too.

If you aren't really sure what masculinity means, I have a sort of definition below. Masuclinity doesn't have a clear definition, but I put something together that I think will make its meaning clearer.

Masculinity: Men are told to believe that certain characteristics are definitive in determining their manliness. These characteristics range from not crying when they get hurt to being and playing violently; Masculinity is the group of characteristics given to a male by society that will determine how much of a man he is.

Thanks everyone. =]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:58 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I think that's a good direction to approach it from but perhaps take a brief look at the stereotypical male too so you can do a comparrison? Maybe have three characters, all males and one from each group. Then you could show whether they are stereotypical, hetrosexual or homosexual through the way they act, talk and interact with each other. You could make it quite amusing if you had the homosexual man hit on one of the others.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:52 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

That's a really good idea, thanks!
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper