z

Young Writers Society

Copyright Infringment...

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:45 pm
View Likes
crewgurl93 says...

Hey, I know no one on here would do this, but what if somebody steals my work and I can't prove it? I just don't want my writing to be stolen. It would really suck! And I'd be really depressed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

*No one has, I'm just worried!
Goth-Hippie?!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Sureal says...

Until you're writing is good enough to be published professionally, I wouldn't worry about this.
I wrote the above just for you.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:32 am
Evangelina says...

I would say, don't put something here that you really and truly expect will become published.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:46 am
Sam says...

That's the fun part of developing your own style- you can totally tell it's yours, as compared to someone elses'. So, yeah. Practice at your craft, and it shouldn't be a problem. ^_~
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:54 am
Nate says...

First, here's the thing: Your work is not going to be copied. Why? Because people only tend to copy work that is superb. They copy Emily Dickinson; not crewgurl93 (or Claudette, or Snoink, or Incandescence, or any of the other countless great authors on this site). Worrying about your work being stolen is merely self-indulgence.

Secondly, if you can't prove that something you wrote was copied by someone else, then your accusation is probably not true. When you post something online, a date is posted along with it. If they copy it word for word at a later date, I really have no idea why you would not be able to prove it.

In the end, don't worry.

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:18 am
Misty says...

Hey

I wondered this now that I'm actually going to be published. But I think we're al pretty safe here. The thing is, it's so easy to take something off a site, stamp it as your own, and email it off the an agent.

The downside? Once you get their initial inquiry, if they want it, they ask for the rest of the piece.

Which you'd then have to write.

That being said, no one is going to steal your work, love.

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief