z

Young Writers Society

What Is Your Favorite Writing Web Site? (besides YWS)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:53 pm
Nate says...

So what is your favorite writing Web site? Besides YWS of course.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:59 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

nanowrimo.org,
of course. :mrgreen: :roll:
ohmeohmy

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:02 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

fictionfactor.com has a lot of helpful stuff. (I believe it was also in Writer's Digest 100 sites...)

20000-names.com I love, although it isn't a writing site really...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:41 pm
Trident says...

um... Pat Buchanan?

I don't really have another favorite writing site per se, but I frequent some forums and pick up tips here and there. This site is superior to many by far.

I used to do Critters and Critique Circle, but didn't have enough time to give proper critiques to other people, come up with my own stuff, and do schoolwork. I often write in splurges (bad, I know!) and participate vigorously and then leave them out in the cold. In my earlier days here, I critiqued a lot more, but now I mostly do requests and occasionally give random ones out.
Perception is everything.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:56 pm
tinny says...

I sometimes visit the bbc site, but it's pretty bare.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:12 pm
Sureal says...

I do the occasional session on writing.com, although I'm disliking the 'star' rating system there more and more.
I wrote the above just for you.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:50 pm
Cassandra says...

I second the NaNoWriMo site, though I haven't posted much since November. Still, I can still pick up ideas there and look through the forums for help. But I don't really go to too many other sites besides YWS!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Reviews: 3
Sat May 05, 2007 2:03 pm
Eloquence says...

Writing.com is my favorite. It's forums are a bit cluttered, though, and it can be hard to find things sometimes...

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat May 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Esmé says...

... I don't have any :D

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat May 05, 2007 9:53 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I don't really have any either, other than ones that've been stated and other than YWS. Although my LJ community Creative Fantasy http://community.livejournal.com/creativefantasy is probably the first place I go to to ask questions or anything like that. There are quite a number of people who have various experiences in writing that are members, so it's fun to talk to them. YWS follows after Creative Fantasy, of course, along with the other LJ communities I'm a member.

My Inspired Writers board http://inspiredwriters.createmybb.com/index.php is turning out to be a great place for bouncing ideas off of each other. (We can always use more members, so go join. >.>)

I've been looking for other boards to join and I found a few others, but I only joined them last night so I don't know if they're my favorites yet. XD
Last edited by AWritersFantasy on Sun May 06, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sun May 06, 2007 11:22 am
McMourning says...

Psst....you forgot the http://

Or, you could have written
[url=http://inspiredwriters.createmybb.com/index.php]
My Inspired Writers Board
[/url] is turning out to be...

You'd have to remove the spaces, of course.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

59 Reviews

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon May 07, 2007 8:13 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

Ohmigod. No one's mentioned Fictionpress.

-Le Gasp-

Fictionpress doesn't have any tips, but they do have good, original stories.

The link:

www.fictionpress.com

My second vote is Writing Forums. That's a pretty good place. It's like this forum, just with older people. The writing is relatively good. They have tips there.

www.writingforums.com
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

59 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 8:23 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

PerforatedxHearts wrote:Ohmigod. No one's mentioned Fictionpress.

-Le Gasp-

Fictionpress doesn't have any tips, but they do have good, original stories.

That's probably because, like Fanfiction.net (which Fictionpress is sort of part of because the creators of ff.net made it when so many people started posting original works), Fictionpress doesn't have the best of reputations in general, if not because people don't always give the best of reviews. I posted a number of stories there and I can probably think of more unhelpful "ZOMG this is so good lulz plze right more!" than "hey, this was good, but you need to work on this, this, and this" reviews. I do have to admit to finding one good story on there, though, that I never finished reading, called The Way of Magic (I think that's the title). VERY well written, awesome characters...I really need to go back and reread it and finish it.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue May 08, 2007 12:26 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

Ahh...I understand.

But then, there's always downgraded websites like Quizilla.

-Shudders-

For your benefit and health, just don't go on Quizilla. It's simply the polluted world of writers.

Yeah, yeah, there are a few good stories on there (1%), but they could do better, honestly.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera