z

Young Writers Society

What Is Your Favorite Writing Web Site? (besides YWS)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue May 08, 2007 12:33 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I've never looked at the writing on Quizilla. But it doesn't surprise me that it's bad.

Some of the writing IS good at Fictionpress, and not even just the one story I was talking about...but it's mainly the people who give crappy reviews that anger me the most. Either they say something completely pointless and unhelpful, or they say something that isn't completely pointless but doesn't do the author much good.

What really annoys me is when I'll get a review for a story I wrote, say, five years ago, that's still up there, and the reviewer will be like, "oh wow, you really need to fix this and this makes no sense" and basically it's just really obvious that they didn't bother looking at the date of when the story was posted. If it was five years ago, I'd like to hope that my writing has improved much more than it had in that piece of writing, and that the reviewer wouldn't base their view of my writing based on something that's five years old. /rant

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue May 08, 2007 12:54 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

Yeah, I agree.

There's just bad writers in the world. You can't help that. Just cross your fingers, wish for the best, and maybe even ask the best for their opinions. Hopefully, they'll do better than a "ROFL gawd thats hilarius, more", which sounds like some retarded pervert or something.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue May 08, 2007 12:33 pm
Lilith says...

I love to hang out at Fictionallypark.com. Its many Harry Potter but there's a section for fiction writers to.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue May 08, 2007 4:43 pm
Myth says...

I don't have any, can't be bothered to join anymore since YWS is better and active.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue May 08, 2007 4:47 pm
Tyd says...

I used to post at Lulu.com - but people there were more about the publishing and not the writing :P
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:34 am
Gahks says...

www.seventhsanctum.com

Has some great inspirations for a writer who needs them desperately.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb