z

Young Writers Society

Catchy Title

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:02 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

xtenx wrote:. But the fact that the author is published at all means the book probably isn't a complete piece of crap (there are exceptions to that of course :roll:).

:coughcough"Criss Cross" coughcough: ;)

Oops. My story has swords in the title!X_X I only used it because "sword" is a term for war in a favorite story of mine. (I've changed the title of that story SEVERAL times. Started out as "A Lot Bit" because I love the sound of that phrase....bleh. I can always change it again :P )

I rely on titles a lot, too. for example, if a poem sounds emo to me (no offense to anyone), like it has "pain", "Loneliness" "sorrow" "blood" "death" "despair" "The Dark ___" or "Tears of ____" I'm about....100% less interested in it. Come on, people! It's the same way with usernames. It's a trend to give yourself a dark, creepy name that gives the image that you are in a cult, have a deal with the Lich King or have sold your soul. And I just don't get it.
ohmeohmy

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:07 pm
Goldenheart says...

What do you think about one-word titles? Like 'Audacity,' or 'Emma'?
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy