z

Young Writers Society

A Winter Surprise

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:22 pm
Emerson says...

(Okay, so this isn't about critiquing....)

It's the last day in November. I really want to finish my novel, and others really want to pass the 50,000 word mark! I have this huge test to take today that could mean life or death in my Honors Chemistry class because I'm such a perfectionist and I need an A....

AND THEY CANCEL SCHOOL! I'm not sure whether to be excited, or disappointed. The thing is, it is supposed to be sleeting/freezing rain later but my school district seems to never cancel until they can see the snow on the ground and they know no one can drive on it. I woke up at 5:00am so I could leave for school early to go to a Chemistry study session at 6:20. School doesn't normally start until 7:15. I woke up a whole hour early for nothing! Should I be disappointed that I can't go to school and take my test? Well, I'm not! I get to study more AND write!

Does anyone else who is trying to finish their novel have a nice winter surprise (or feigning illness ;-) ) to keep them home and writing?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:54 pm
Myth says...

My school never closed for anything and you had to be there or the school phoned up to check you weren't skiving.

Yeah, I missed one day in Year 7 and a teacher came to my house and I had to translate for Mum with my sore throat.
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline