Young Writers Society

Ask a College Student

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just made Ask a (Studying) Biologist to answer any questions about biology writers here on YWS might have, but I realized minutes after posting that I'm even more qualified to talk about something else: being a college student.

I've been going to college for two years now. My semesters have been impacted by social distancing and covid-19 in general, but I was able to complete one semester before shut-downs started happening around the world. I won't be able to answer every single question about being a college student. I'm a commuter even without the pandemic, which means I don't live on a dorm room on campus. I'm also not in any major organizations; I'm just a member of my school's English club.

But if you have questions about degrees, college social life for the average, somewhat introverted student, and what it's like to be a commuter with friends who live on campus? I'm the person you're looking for! I'm specifically a biology major with a concentration in secondary education.

(Basically, my goal is to teach high school someday.)

I'm also in an honors program in my college, which means my course load is a little different than a regular college student in my state. But I have friends who aren't, so I can do my best to answer any questions about college courses based on what they've told me. <3

Ask away! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain