Though maybe not as lovers

Friends
Then, now, tomorrow
Forever

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:07 am
LoneWolf161 says...

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 am
wewinwelose says...

Alright, so honestly, I didn't understand this poem at all. It felt kind of choppy to me, which forced my attention away from the meaning of the poem. So I'm not going to critique the poem itself, since that wouldn't be fair to you, since like I said I didn't understand it. However, I will critique the punctuation. Here's my solution:

A tear for the fights.
The farewell
That last Sunday.

Sadness is near;
I felt so strongly for you
And you for I.This should be "me" I do believe.....

A tear
For the end.
Pain
For the loss/

Your words are clear in my mind:
"Get better."

"You deserve so much in life."
Never will I forget.
"I'll be here for you forever,"
Though maybe not as lovers.

A smile
For the first 'hello,'
The first moment.

Closure is here.
I felt so strongly for you,
And you for I. Me?

A smile
For the memories.
Contentment
For a new beginning.

Your promise is clear
In my mind.
I will get better. This stanza is especially important to have punctuation for, because it could be read "You promise is clear in my mind. I will get better." Meaning you've promised I'll get better, or "You're promise is clear. In my mind I will get better." Meaning, It will be a figment of my imagination. Punctuation is everything!

I do deserve better.
Never will I forget.
A lifetime awaits us,
Though maybe not as lovers.

Friends;
Then, now, tomorrow
Forever.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.~Groucho Marx

I have a passion for all things literary, and I love to review the work of others :). PM me with a link and I'd love to review for you too!

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites