z

Young Writers Society

She waited...

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm
Betheny says...

Spoiler! :
Okay, so I got board in an English assessment while waiting for every-one else to finish and ended up writing a five stanza poem made up from the haiku format... I looked like an idiot counting the syllables on my fingers. Enjoy.

She waited alone,
The girl with dark crimson lips,
And ebony hair

She waited alone,
The girl with parchment pale skin,
And faded blue eyes

She waited alone,
Staring into the shadows,
Watching for bright lights

She waited alone,
Waiting for death to take her,
For it to claim her

She waited alone.
In the last days of her life ,
She waited alone...
Last edited by Betheny on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 pm
angel007angel says...

This is really good. You may need some more work on it and more thought. Also, even though it is nowhere near the poem itself, the spelling in spoiler needs to be checked. Sorry but I am very picky with these things and you'll get a lot of it from me. Back to your poem, you need to expand it, try not to repeat she waited alone in every stanza because it can get very boring but what you have produced is very good.
Overall, I did like it, it didn't wow me but it is good poetry. Keep on writing!
- angel007angel x

Random avatar

Reviews: 22
Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:33 pm
Fatima says...

i loved your decription.
but it was lacking the underlying emotion, the feeling i usually get when i read poetry.
it seemed a bit too bland.
but i'm positive you can do much better!

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 am
Fizz says...

I like how short this is. In poetry clarity can be a good thing. I do have to agree that this could use more description, or just less generic description. Pick some far out words and just chuck them in wherever, call it artistic license!

Sorry to be picky, but the end of each stanza still needs a full stop.

Maybe you could write an accompaniment to this? I'd like to know why she's waiting alone, why she's dying, who she is. In the end, writing is about making choices, and in this poem you've really avoided having to do that.

I do like it though, keep on writing!

We think in generalities, but we live in details.
— Alfred North Whitehead