He was on his bike then,
Chasing my grandmother in her car when she had to leave
The boy thought it was safe
To wear a batman cape.
What I saw then made me smile
So much that made a child feel vile.
The cape wrapped around the back tire,
He choked and put his hand to his throat
While the other was still on the handle.
He kept on peddling while he cried out in pain
In the next moment, he seized his bike
And fell over to the side.

"Together we fight, no matter the price"

-Harlana and Robin, Sweetest Magic

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 am
Amberchelli says...

*wipes tears* THIS IS TRAGIC….good poem BUT TRAGIC… im changing your name to shakepere… (idk how to spell that…) its really sad, but easy to fallow and understand..
**Lifes not about playing it safe, its about taking risks, because you never know what you'll find, and living every day to the fullest, because it will never be repeated**

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:40 pm
murtuza says...

If this was indeed a true incident, then my condolences to the boy's family.

You've made this poem in a sort of playful, yet factual and realistic tone. However, I find that there were a few lines that seemed forced to rhyme. Especially towards the middle and then suddenly the rhyme is lost and starts becoming free verse.
I like the interesting point of view and of how you've honestly expressed how you felt during the whole affair (even though it may sound a little sadistic, but that's just me).

This poem has a good potential to become better and I'm sure that if you give another read or two and analyze where you can improve, I'm sure it'll come out great. Inspiration from real-life often brings about creativity from one's mind. My suggestion would be to divide the poem in stanzas and cut the lines in half so that there is enough fluidity and rhythm to the lines. Also, try and implement some sot of rhyme scheme or if you don't want that then make the entire poem free verse.

This is a very interesting poem and you have displayed the incident nicely. Just a little more improvement and it can be better yet. Keep the ink flowing! :)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm
ashleymae says...

Its spelled Shakespeare and thanks *S* Actually, I took a test that compares your writings to one or two famous authors, and I got Dan Brown and Shakespeare. If anyone wants, I can pass out the place where you can find it.

It was a factual incident and I am his family (he is my younger brother)

And thanks to the tips and comments. Like Le Morte, this was for my creative writing class. The assignment was supposed to be in the comedy genre. I hope it worked.
"Together we fight, no matter the price"

-Harlana and Robin, Sweetest Magic

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore