z

Young Writers Society

Trouble Came to the Turnip

Reviews: 2
Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:05 am
cucumber44 says...

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by cucumber44 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Aaaaaah!"
~Cuke Skywalker

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 am
firewriter says...

Hey cucumber44! That poem was strange but quite good. I really liked your use of words and the connections that the verses had with each other. I think you can get so many different meanings out of Trouble Came to the Turnip, but the first one that came to mind for me was someone actually carrying their love around. I loved this poem and I really want to read more of them. You have the fantastic ability to place words together and make them beautiful- even turnips.
In your golden chain of friendship- consider me a link.

Reviews: 3
Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 am
ladymay says...

Oh my gosh! What a great poem!
I loved the rhythm and the structure. I also loved the metaphor - I can think of a million things that I could mean. My first thought was of a food chain.
You are truly quite talented! Please, please keep writing!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:29 pm
Kale says...

This is a not-review totally masquerading as a review seeing as how there's kinda... nothing... here to really review. Which makes me sad, because the title is totally AWESOME. It makes me want to read the poem. But I can't. Because there is no poem to read. Which makes me sad. But I've already said that.

Anyways. Consider this a review IOU, good for one review on any future works you post. Just PM me (and don't forget to link to this post) whenever you want to collect. :3
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:02 am
UrbanNomad says...

This is a brilliant example of abstract/minimalist writing and is open to interpretation in so many ways. I feel you could work on the overall structure however, as the lack of diction and stanzas detracts from your overall idea.

Nonetheless, a brilliantly composed poem that evokes much emotion.
lol.
UrbanNomad

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu