As my fingers traced

The scar he left behind

As I stared out

The dark broken window

I realized hope

Was not and would not

Be found in my world

Of him, the demon, Shade.
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm
kathy45662 says...

I'm more of a story person and not great at poetry but wanted to say my opinion for review.

I enjoyed this poem. It is to the point and I can visualize it well.

I like the descriptions and imagery of this poem.

I am looking forward to reading your other works you have posted.

I really enjoyed the gentle flow. YOu did well keeping on the main subject and did I mention I love how I can visualize it? I almost want to draw a picture to go with your poem. :) Great poem!
90% of writing is re-writing!

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:33 pm
Soulkana says...

Haha sure draw if if you want so long as you give me credit for writing the poem haha. I would love to see It ^^
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:49 pm
PixieStix says...

The first line I think had something spelled wrong but, overall it was great. I loved it so much!

~ Pixie2~
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm
PixieStix says...

Also I loved your name for the poem iot really gave me goosebups, Thats why I wnated to read it!

~Pixie2~
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

This was okay, but really I think that it needed more. It was just kind of typical. Your main problem is cliche words (yep, believe it or not, even certain words are cliche now). What I mean is words like "blue eyes/frozen water," "brown eyes/melted chocolate," "dead hallways," "scar he left behind," or talking about eye color at all, in general...why does everybody talk about eye color?!
Well, you get my point. I'm not saying this is a bad poem, because it's not, but it's all stuff we've heard a bajillion times. Try to give us something fresh, with its own unique edge.
Keep writing,
StoryWeaver
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 pm
Soulkana says...

Thanks for the review but This is just to help with my friend, she asked me to write it and I don't want to change it cuz she loved it and she means a lot to me

Reviews: 0
Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm
star12 says...

i like the poem and i agree with the rating.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 am
Lunasol21 says...

Thank you for inspiring me to write again.
"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery!" - Jane Austen

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:31 am
bagelbaby says...

I really liked this... Although there were some cliche words like "blue eyes, frozen water, dark brown eyes, and melted chocolate," it is a very well written poem. Most people CAN NOT get away with using no puntuation, but it made the flow of the poem more significant. You did really well on keeping the main subject through the whole thing, which can sometimes be difficult. Also, you used great imagery. I can literally visualize it in my head. Great job! I'm looking forward to reading more from you :)

-Bagel Baby-
-bagelbaby <3

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina