z

Young Writers Society

Publication one

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:37 pm
miyaviloves says...

Right well, I keep wanting to write a poem so, i did. I would appreciate some useful feedback on this, please if you don't like it just put 'scrap it' because that isn't getting me anywhere, tell me whats right and wrong then i can hopefully improve :D

Miyaviloves

It’s 9.42
Yet the frost on the windows
Still cracks under your
Nails.
The roots of your hair greying
In winter.

Your cracked lips burning sweet
Words into my ear
Yet your breath on my neck speaks of
Nothing.
Clench your fists
Make tongues bleed.

It’s 8.38
The sun is floating in the
Sky full of birds.
Candy dances bitter kisses
Spring in their smile
Yours and mine.

Popping balloons , Sugar
Laces, bursting flavour
Sticky honey on
My finger tips
This time
We spent together.
Bag.

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:55 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

I've never read a poem quite like that before, but I really liked it. I'm not quite sure what you meant by the numbers, though.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:37 am
Sohini says...

this is surely a complicated poem with a strange flow.
the timing should have continued for all the stanzas or none at all.
the choice of words too is a bit too uncanny and i don't exactly like the way you've split the last words of some sentences into new lines. i think that interupts the flow.

two more vital things—you need to punctuate your work and you need to give your poem a suitable and interesting title.

i don't mean to sound rude or anything or discourage you, so keep writing.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Reviews: 4
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:49 am
lightofmeridian says...

Wow, this is something I have never heard before. It is a really good poem, it must have taken a while to write. There is no punctuation though. Try adding some, and I agree, a better title would be nice

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:28 am
Emerson says...

I... think it was interesting but a lot of the lines didn't make sense.

It almost got to the point where I felt like you were just jumbling stuff together, i couldn't really get anything out of it.

One big suggestion, since you say your new to poetry, is to read a lot of poetry! My second, since you started out writing a poem like this, is always be aware of your reader. You want to make them feel something, you don't just want to tell them something.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:29 pm
miyaviloves says...

Thankyou all for your comments. I was uncreative with the title, its just what it said for my word document so i was like ahhh use that for now lol. About the punctuation, i will work on that asap.

I'm not sure why i wrote this sort of 'detached' its not how i would write it now, i guess it was just the mood i was in at the moment.

Thanks for taking your time to read it :D
Bag.

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:02 am
Snoink says...

I don't know. It's kind of strange. Stanzas 1 & 3 and stanzas 2 and 4 go together with style, but stanzas 1 & 2 and stanzas 3 & 4 go together. It's not bad... just bizarre. I think I would probably want to have two different poems; one about spring and one about winter. And I think the transition between winter and spring could be done a little bit better.

Anyway, hope that helps! I realize that's a little abstract, so if you have any questions, just PM me.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:07 pm
Fabien says...

Hello, this was one of the first dozen poems that I read on this website, and I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed it then and even more so now.

Love how it's so bizarre and abstract, you can't have perfectly structured poetry all the time, that's when it just gets boring, we need more like these to kick it up a bit.

You see, when I read a piece like this and go and try and find more poetry written by you and my search ends up with null, I grow sad because I feel like I need more of this type of poetry, but it's so unique and I can't find it elsewhere... Why don't you write more, like this?

Not only did I take the time to read it, I'm going to come back and read it again in the future, multiple times.

Write more poetry!

- Fabien
The surrounding world
was an ugly one,
but we needed no beauty
other than the light
within each other's eyes. - "Modern World" * topic15452

the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature