You're all seem to need.
Inside i'm healing,
Trying not to bleed.
-Bleeding-

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:06 pm
paintingtherain97 says...

I've read a million love poems, and this is the first one that isn't sappy and stupid. Congrats. I really like the beginning two stanzas. It really jumped to life, calling them a bleeding flower in wind. I really like how the lines are so short, so the poem is fast-paced. It's a little bit lengthy, but definitely worth it in the end. I don't see any nit-picky errors and I can't really think of anything I'd suggest changing. Good job. This is great. Keep writing.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:15 pm
creativityrules says...

Hello there, Silence!!

First off, welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here as much as I do. My writing has improved so much since I first joined, and I've found that there are some incredible, friendly writers on here who've given me a lot of encouragement. If there's anything that you have any questions about, please feel free to ask! And now, on to the poem.

Rose of red,
you bleed,
Pushed down
to your knees.

The first few sentences of any piece are the most important part. They bring the reader into your story and convince them to read more. Therefore, they absolutely have to be clear and concise. I made a few changes to the punctuation of the first part of your poem and edited the structure in a way that I feel is a bit less confusing; however, this is just a suggestion and you should stick with however you prefer your poem to be structured.

Reading on into the middle of your poem, I discovered that there is a very nice sense of rhythm to your writing that I couldn't detect right off the bat. One other thing that I'd also like to commend you on is how you kept the stanzas short. In a poem as long as this, it's important to keep the reader interested all the way through, and you managed to do that by chopping the poem up into manageable pieces. Great job there.

Soft petals that whisper,
Lost in the commotion.
Painted red,
To hide the emotion.

This is my favorite part of the poem. There's a sense of soft vulnerabilty about it that I like very much. It's beautiful.

I have one last little nitpick for you. It isn't necessary to capitalize the first word of each line; in fact, doing so distracts from what you're saying.

All in all, awesome work! I look forward to reading more from you!

Always always always keep writing!!!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust