Do not fear (9.11)

4 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1778
Reviews 70
Do not fear.
In memory of 9.11

Her child does cry in sudden fright,
their very world shall end tonight,
this mother’s heart races in her chest,
she cradles her child to her breast,

“Do not cry my darling child,
to heaven, my dear, I have dialed,
God spoke that he would take us there,
unto heaven’s lush fields and weather fair,”

His innocent eyes stare wide with fear,
a silence falls as death grows near.
She plants a kiss unto his brow,
holding him close, living here and now.

“Now my child, we shall be together,
My darling child we’ll live forever,
in God’s embrace we’ll watch from afar,
imagine the flying plane to be a falling star.”

Her eyes closed, she holds him tight,
their very world shall end tonight,
this mother’s dreams have cracked and broken,
to her child three words were spoken.

“Do not fear.”
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||




Random avatar
Gender None specified
Points 300
Reviews 0
I loved it! It was sorted out well, the lines ended in rhymes, and it was realistic. I give it a ten :P




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 593
Reviews 34
*Loves* Epic. Beautiful. Amazing. Gold Star. Bestest. Wonderful. Touching. (goes on and on and on and...) I LOVED this! =) This should be on the front page! You speak the language of poetry well, my friend :) *cries* I loved this... *can't think of anything else to say* Keep it up!!!

~The Scratt

P.s. *sniffle*




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1255
Reviews 20
Wonderful!
I'm a New Zealander, so 9.11 hasn't really affected me in the awful way it has for America, but this really made me feel the pain this has caused to so many people. As well as being a very emotional poem, it is also well written, and rhymes well without that seeming to take up the whole poem.

Well done, and keep on writing!



Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.