Their soul from them escapes, does fly.
Then from the bower does she creep,
To curl upon the floor and sleep.
Yet when she rises again she smiles,
For to sleep once more she must beguile,
Another poor soul’s last breath,
That all around know her as Death.
---------------------------------------
wrote this ages ago and just remembered it. I like the idea but the poem has more rhyme then i usually do, so I can't decide about it. Comments appreciated!
People are generally nice, except when you give them anonymity...then you get a**holes, hence the internet -Benji.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:36 am
Incandescence says...

Electric Tangerine,

Even if you drop L7 and L8 (which you should), you have produced nothing here that can generate interest in a reader.

Best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:33 am
IronyFalling says...

I really liked this poem, personally. Although at first I was just interested in the words you were using, at the end when you pulled it all together and identified it as Death I thought it was cool.

-Sky

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 am
Liz says...

I also thought this was a really interesting piece. The first say 5 lines and the last couple are probably your strongest, I think you lose the reader a bit in the middle, probably mainly because of the distorted syntax. I think you could strengthen the whole poem by questioning every adjective...I know it's a standard sort of thing but it's really beneficial. The poem could probably be a bit less cluttered.
For the most part the rhythm and structure works really well, except maybe in the middle, but I think the pattern you've got is really hard to pull off so you've done a great job.
purple sneakers

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:23 pm
Electric Tangerine says...

thanks for the comments guys. Incandescence...can you elaborate on why L7 and L8 should be dropped? I'm looking into other changes too thanks again guys.
People are generally nice, except when you give them anonymity...then you get a**holes, hence the internet -Benji.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:41 pm
mimi06 says...

wow! i really like this poem! thats really VERY good!
**God bless yar lame soul**

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley