Untitled

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:39 pm
Armadian says...

Spiritless leaves quake.
Tangerine petals vanish.
A breath of fresh air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote this last night, and I don't know if its good, but I want your input! Yes you! Thats right! You! You read it, you critique!
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:54 pm
erin says...

hey
this was ok but I really did not get it and I had to read it over and over just to understand it but it was ok.
Everything is written in the sand but, it just depends on how you read it!
lot of love
erin
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u127/sufergirl_01/
you know you want to! lol

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:38 pm
michellel96 says...

Hi!

Me again.

this was good, a bit mind-boggling but good in all. It was kind of as if it were in a code that only some people can understand. Know what I mean? It needed something. One little ingredient. I can't really put my hand on it but it needs a touch to it to sprucing it up. You had great language and it was flawless, mystical, and charming but the words didn't go together.
It was a haiku but it didn't seem natural, as if you just randomly figure out some words with syllables that you wanted to weave together. suggestion: don't write a haiku. write some other kind of poem because a haiku kind of limits to down to a small quantity and a big expectation for you to give the same quality to it. that's difficult though so just try something else so you aren't as closed in and you have more freedom to you're speech. Poetic License. Then you can add more detail and it won't be as mind-boggling but just don't come out and tell a reader everything. Give fractions to keep the same "mysterious-ness"

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 pm
Southern_Belle says...

First of all, I really really like your imagery. It gives my imaginiation a burst of color, and I feel like I can see the leaves, and smell the air.

However, I also agree with michelle96. A lot of times, haiku poems leave a feeling of emptyness or leave the reader wanting more. Your poem is good as a haiku, but not as good as it could be if it were written in free verse or something. I think imagery is very important to the mood of this poem, and if it were expanded a little, it would really give a new flavor to the piece and would create something that the readers could really see, and feel, and smell. . . you know, use their senses for, lol. Haikus are good for conveying ideas and philosophies, not really imagery. (Like, have you ever watched "Rocket Power" on Nickelodeon? If you haven't, there's a Hawaiian man on the show who delivers philosophic tidbits of speech in haiku. That's what I'm reminded of when I hear haiku poems, lol.)

But, um, yeah. Imagery works really well in sonnets, and in free and blank verse. But I give you a lot of credit, though. Personally, I think haikus are really hard to write. :D

Anyway, keep up the good work!!
"It is history that teaches us hope." - Robert E. Lee

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:48 am
Armadian says...

I was thinking the same of as all of you. I think I might go free verse and describe the leaves blowing around or something. Hmm....
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 am
Teeeeo. says...

I actually didn't really like this. The tangerine petals line made me think of oranges just vanishing.... (O_O)

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 pm
DiskoRyan says...

I like how you used a lot of color, but it was confusing. I really don't understand what you mean.
Maybe if you make it longer (not a haiku) it will be easier to understand.
Ryan

Don't be sad bc sad backwards is das and das not good
— LadyMysterio