I ask you to save me
You just walk away
As I stare at the door
I am about to grip the hand of death
All I want is to let death come
I want it to take me away
For All I had has been lost
All that we had has burned alive…
Go to www.lightamillioncandles.com and light a candle! its voluntary and costs nothing.... Dont curse the darkness and light a candle!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:12 pm
Emerson says...

Before I get into anything too messy, I'd like to say Welcome to YWS! I haven't seen you around here before!

First I would like to guide you to my article, Punctuation & Poetry. Read it, take it in, understand it, use it to your advantage.

Second, I want to point out the subject of your poem. When writing something that has to do with emotions, the author is often times selfish and thinks only of themselves and said feelings that they wish to write about, but it should be the other way. You always have to keep in mind your reader, always, always. Make your reader feel what you are feeling, don't just tell them. Give us a reason to care about you, and this other person, and your feelings and relationships. Otherwise, without care, why should we read it?

Sometimes you rhyme, sometimes you don't, its good to be random like this when you've had enough practice under your belt but for now its best to stick to patterns. Try creating a rhyme scheme rather than randomness, and perhaps create a syllable pattern?

I'm only assuming you are new to poetry, and if you aren't, forgive me. The best way to get better with poetry, is to read poetry! So read away, girl, and you'll get better in no time! I hope my advice helped!

I know I never gave a real "I liked it"/"I didn't like it" comment, but I'm working with it to make it better, with this piece, I really have no opinion right now :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:29 am
Sohini says...

hello again!
thi spoem sure has a lot of power and feeling and i enjoy this kind of poetry.

you really need to punctuate your work but apart from that i think, i flow, choice of words and theme is great!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:58 am
3-Damentional says...

It was kind of difficult to understand the first time but after I reread it, I understood colpletely. You did this one right because I felt the speaker's pain through the words.

The poem did its job.
The imagintion is only your mind trying to set itself free.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:08 pm
Incandescence says...

Samar--

Unless this was intended as a joke, it failed.

The linebreaks appear to be arbitrary, and when read alound it has a lurching quality, unconnected to sonics or narrative. Striding and hustling aren't mutually supportive.

Content-wise, it is a simple and uninteresting linear narrative (see introductory comment). The last line with its groping, ersatz intensity is almost laughable.

My suggestion for this poem is to find a decent trash can and deposit existing printed copies forthwith. It's poorly conceived and weakly executed.

Take care,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:24 pm
Riedawriter23 says...

This was...alright. I didn't really like the flow of the whole thing and I you really need help on grammer and vocabulary and punctuation. It was bland mostly and I wasn't interested by any means. It seems like you were trying to stay on one subject but accidently (if it was an accident) went on to other subjects. It didn't help your poem at all and with some severe editing I think this could turn out alright. Try more description, this either was too narritive or not narritive by any means.

Keep trying and welcome to YWS!
I love, love.
*This wonderful crit is brought to you by CCF!*

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley