z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [3]

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:02 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@Thewriter13 - WELCOME! I hope you enjoy your (hopefully long) stay. I enjoy writing poetry, but novels are my calling.

If you go here: You can understand the site better!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 pm
Cithara says...

@RavenMoonStone
Thank you very much for this greeting! Ive tried to write novels, but I can just never finish them without starting another one :)
But poems...well, I can certainly finish those and revise them.
Thank you for the site as well!
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 pm
Hamsa says...

Thanks @RavenMoonStone and @Iggy - It's great :)

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 pm
thepaperinventory says...

Hey, I'm new here :D

324 Reviews

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:51 pm
Evander says...

Welcome @thepaperinventory!

How are you liking that site!? What do you like to read?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 pm
thepaperinventory says...

Thanks so much for the welcome, @RavenMoonStone!

It's great so far! People are very active and friendly, and I love the review/points system. :) At the moment, I mostly read character-driven, realistic novels.

324 Reviews

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:59 pm
Evander says...

@thepaperinventory Glad you're liking it! If you need any help I am here!

German rat enthusiast.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 am
View Likes
Laure says...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND PIRATES AND UNICORNS! I PRESENT TO THEE:

@huda0509!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:42 am
huda0509 says...

Thanks! @Laure. :)

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:37 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome @huda0509!!! Hope you get REAL cozy here! :P

If you ever need help I would love to talk to you! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:06 am
JaBurton says...

Hi...

I'm new and writing up here really feels like introducing myself on the first day of school. Still, it's probably a good idea to do something to get noticed... Do any of y'all know if there is a place for a grammar snob like me to fit in here? I'm still not sure how this site totally works although I do get the points-for-points thing that goes on. That understanding isn't enough though.

I review, I love to review stuff, but in a critical way that leans toward the technical aspect of stuff (punctuation, plot, consistency, etc.), so if anyone could point me in a direction... that'd be nice. Also, how does putting up stories which have chapters work? And how can I further meet people who write stuff like me (adventure, dystopian, and fantasy type things)?

Many hugs and snuggles!

Ja :P

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hi @JaBurton!! I'm ThereseCricket!!! Welcome to the site!

I will do my best to answer all of your questions here.

Do any of y'all know if there is a place for a grammar snob like me to fit in here?

Here is a bunch of subforums that I thought you might like to try out.

viewforum.php?f=151

Loads of info pertaining to grammar and the like, so you should love it!

You also said you aren't sure exactly how this website works. Well I have a link here, to an article written by Nate (he's the owner of this site)explaining almost everything.So hope this helps! PLEASE READ: FAQ For New Users

Also if you like reviewing then you're going to love this link here....

The Big Book of YWS Codes

It will help you with the YWS code's and make your reviews seem a lot more technical looking. Pssttt, I just love it! Most YWS'ers pull out grammar and problems that they see when pertaining to plot all the time, so this article will really help.

Also, you asked how to post separate chapters? When doing Novel chapters you can just upload them separately. Like put them in separate documents, and then upload them. (the link I gave you that Nate wrote will explain it) One of the things that I have found common, is that if the work is too long, it will take a while for YWS'ers to review it, so two or three chapters at a time, wouldn't be too good. :D

Anyway...Welcome to the site, and I hope I helped! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:44 am
crossroads says...

Welcome aboard, all the lovely new people~

As a quick note, to add to what Raven said, clubs are a pretty good way of meeting people whom you share interests with, as well as the main chatroom c:

Hope to see you around, and feel free to poke me if you need anything~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 pm
View Likes
Baesch says...

Hello! I'm new as well >_>

I write mainly poetry and a dystopian kind of fiction. I hope I'll find people here who'll exchange in-depth, nitty gritty, down in the dirt reviews with me. I like those. I guess the next step is to go check out all the forums and clubs, right?

My main problem is that often, social writing becomes procrastination from actual writing. Do you know what I mean? o-o Kind of like I'm distracting myself from the work I should be doing by telling myself that I am doing ...kinda-writey-stuff~

I'm hoping to channel the kinda-writey-stuff to YWS, because you guys look talented.

So I guess, hi there!!
I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.
-Douglas Adams

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:52 pm
Cheetah says...

Hello Baesch, welcome to YWS! You're more then welcome to come talk to me if you have any questions about the site or if you just want someone to chat with. :D Hope to see you around!
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig