z

Young Writers Society

Hi! :-D I am asking for criticism on my two poems!

Random avatar

Reviews: 157
Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm
arianaSarroyo says...

Even if is only an insignificant amount, always hold onto some hope. Never let your circumstances cause it to fade away.

Even amid great pain and sorrow, HOPE motivates us to desire to live to see tomorrow.

Sometimes, it is HOPE that makes us more resilient and brave enough to try again.

Without it, we have nothing to look forward to; only a darker path to grow slimmer and more desolate each day.

Army of Justice

Our arsenal consists of
three completely different weapons, which, when used properly are more powerful than rifles .

Our first weapon is education.
Its effects are dependent upon whom it is aimed at, and how they utilize it.

Another weapon that is vital is love,

Love that is insurmountable, and that expands past the barriers that are of hate.

Finally-courage

Without courage, it would impossible to love anyone.

Especially those hardest to love and least deserving of it.

With that, together, we overcome some obstacle and defeat/ break free of every stronghold before us.

Even when we are humiliated, we wi not resort to violence

We shall the other cheek

We will not back down until the fight is won.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 pm
crossroads says...

Hello, welcome to the family!

Now, I'm not a poet myself, so I'm afraid I can't help you much, but I suggest you submit your poems in the literary area (just click the Submit button up there ^^), you will get a lot more of constructive reviews that way.. ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 am
niteowl says...

Hi Ariana and welcome to YWS! Sounds like you have some good ideas, but you're more likely to get reviews if you post them in the proper area, as Aria said. My preliminary comments are to use less abstract ideas (e.g. hope, love) and more concrete images (arsenal of justice--I like that). I'd also encourage you to get out and review your fellow authors before posting. There's a lot of advice on this in the Knowledge Base.

Now, HERE'S YOUR GIFT! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand