z

Young Writers Society

Hey Guys!

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 am
opaquewillow says...

Hey,

I'm 0j (: though you could also call me any version of my username: opaque, willow, OW :D

I'm a 17 year old girl (18 tomorrow :D ) who is an avid reader & writer.

I'm currently writing my first full novel. I thought I finished it a few months ago, but trying to write my query letter & synopsis, I realised I needed something more in it. So it's back to the writing board! Which I'm sure I'll come back to many more times :wink: but hey, that's writing :)

I'm looking for some writing friends around my age - or younger, my cousin is really into writing and she's 14 years old, so feel free to comment or message me :) I promise I'm friendly! :D

I'd really like a partnership of some kind, like reviewing each others works, but I think you'll find me reviewing everyone's and anyone's :)

Anyways drop me a line :)

0j (: x

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am
crossroads says...

Hey, welcome!

I'm sure you'll love it here - I joined shortly before my 18th birthday too!
(Which would be, about two moths ago)

What genre(s) do you prefer writing? And reading?
If you wish, I could be your YWS mentor - that basically means partnership of some kind, plus we get to meet each other a bit more and I show you around the site and introduce you to people :p

In any case, if you need anything, feel free to message me ^^ I'll gladly review your works, on the site or over PMs (I'm harsher that way, though).. So, yes. See you around!

~Aria
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Hi there, Willow. A little bird told me it was your birthday... Okay, I read it in Squills. Anyway, have a good one.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:10 am
wordsandwishes says...

Hey OJ!

Just like to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
...with a smily-bomb ^u^
:-D :?: :smt006 :smt015 :smt024 :smt034 :) :idea: :smt007 :smt016 :( :arrow: :-o :-| :smt008 :smt017 :smt026 :smt019 :mrgreen: :shock: :-? :smt001 :smt009 :smt020 :smt027 :smt010 8) :smt002 :smt011 :smt021 :smt028 :smt012 :smt003 :-x :-P :smt004 :evil: :pirate2: :smt013 :smt022 :smt029 :smt031 :smt014 :pirate3: :twisted: :wink: (: :!: :smt014 :smt023 :smt032 :smt031 :smt028 :smt027 :smt026 :smt024 :smt034 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt014 :smt013 :smt012 :smt011 :smt010 :smt009 :smt008 :smt007 :smt006 :?: :idea: :arrow: :-| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :!: :wink: :twisted: :evil: :-P :-x 8) :-? :shock: :-o :( :) :-D

Welcome to YWS!

Oh, and my name's really long so you can call me Waw ;)

w&w

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 am
niteowl says...

Hi OJ and welcome to YWS! Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the site, need reviews, whatever. And of course your cousin is welcome to join too! What kind of novel are you writing?

Since you've already been smiley-bombed, I'll just elephant bomb you instead. 18 of them, for your birthday! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 pm
opaquewillow says...

Thanks guys! I had a really good day :)

My novel's genre is young adult, but could possibly be paranormal romance or maybe fantasy, depending on what the agent/publisher thinks when I get there haha :)

Thanks again, it was nice to receive such a warm welcome :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:59 pm
crossroads says...

opaquewillow wrote:Thanks guys! I had a really good day :)

My novel's genre is young adult, but could possibly be paranormal romance or maybe fantasy, depending on what the agent/publisher thinks when I get there haha :)

Thanks again, it was nice to receive such a warm welcome :)

Sounds like something I could read :smt001
Let me know when you submit something, will you? :3

Oh. And you'll find the YWS to be a very warm and welcoming community, yes ^^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 am
Shady says...

Hey Oj!

Happy Birthday and welcome to YWS!

Stori's birdy didn't lie. You are indeed featured in YWS e-zine Squills which can be found by clicking that link.

If you need any help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

~Shady 8)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:44 am
Cspr says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS, OJ! I'm Cas, and I'm glad to welcome another member to our fold.

I'm also a mentor here like Aria. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, whether they be about the site, writing, or the universe. I may be able to answer some questions better than others, but you can trust me to answer with, "Forty-two!", if I'm unsure. :P Now, I'm not the biggest fan of romance, but I do love me some paranormal (especially Gothic) and fantasy fic. So if you will, hit me up, eh? I'm a fast reader, have a fair grasp of grammar, and a love of dialogue, description, and character- and world-building.

If not, enjoy your stay and happy belated birthday. :D
My SPD senses are tingling.

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
— Olin Miller