z

Young Writers Society

Looking For Fun, Friends, and Writing Help!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat May 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Mirage says...

Hello! I am VERY new to this site, but I am looking forward to reading some more posts and then posting some of my own work! I am only 13, but please do not look down on me because I am young. I don't have very many written works that I feel are good enough for this website, but I will on some new ones. Thank you for reading and please reply!
My weekly word of the week is... prestige!

♥ Mirage ♥

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat May 13, 2006 1:37 pm
Elizabeth says...

*Replies with nothing to say but does what the noobs say because they will take over one day.*

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sat May 13, 2006 2:50 pm
backgroundbob says...

Do they call you the wanderer, per chance?
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat May 13, 2006 2:55 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Hey, Mirage! I'm Dusk, one of the resident moderators around here. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any of the other mods and we'll give you whatever answers we have.

As for being thirteen, we have quite a few members that are thirteen and we love 'em all to death. We also have quite a few twelve-year-olds and we used to have a bunch of eleven-year-olds but they all went and grew up. In other words: This is the YOUNG Writer's Society. Young is an excellent thing to be. :wink:

I look forward to seeing your work around.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

9 Reviews

Sat May 13, 2006 3:14 pm
Mirage says...

When you say do "they" call me wanderer, who do you mean? I don't believe I've ever been called wanderer...

♥ Mirage ♥

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 13, 2006 4:52 pm
Areida says...

Hey Mirage, welcome to the YWS!

Like Dusky said, don't worry at all about being thirteen. My younger sister (Addie) is thirteen too, but that never slows her down. There are plenty of twelve, thirteen, and fourteen year olds on the site, so don't sweat it.

Glad to have you, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me directly or any of the other mods and administrators. See you around! :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat May 13, 2006 7:51 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome m'dear to YWS, always glad to see a new member regardless of age. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or Areida :D, or really any of the loverly mods here on the site. See you around then. 8)

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 14, 2006 3:08 am
Snoink says...

Yay!

We love thirteen-year-olds. In fact, I find that when you're thirteen, you tend to write the best stuff ever produced. Then, something bad tends to happen and you lose your skills, maybe for a year or two. But then, with practice and a support group (us!!!) you usually get back your skills and retain them!

:D

So yeah. You're going to love this place, if only because we're probably going to fawn over your stories and give you constructive advice to boot. And then, if you ever get writers' block well... we understand. So yeah. It's like a fun support group thingy.

Welcome!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

9 Reviews

Sun May 14, 2006 5:07 pm
Mirage says...

Thanks for the support... Unfortunately, I fear I'm already suffering form a writer's block. The words just aren't coming and I regret not being able to post any work. I'll work at it though, maybe I'll have something in a few days. :lol:

♥ Mirage ♥

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun May 14, 2006 11:02 pm
Crysi says...

Hey, don't worry about it. Some members post work more than others. Don't feel pressured to post your work. Do it in your own time, and your work will turn out a lot better than if you force it out.

If you need any help, I suggest looking at the Writing Tips board. Sometimes looking through there at topics completely unrelated to your own work will give you that spark of inspiration you need. If you already have some characters, I've found that freewriting really helps. Take a new page and write a scene where all your characters interact, even if it's unrealistic to your story. You can learn a few details about the characters that way, and sometimes they'll give you a little hint as to what to write next. :)

I should really listen to my own advice... I think my characters are calling me. :) Have fun!
Love and Light

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage